News:

Main Menu

27" iMac

Started by Joe, August 14, 2012, 10:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Stiv

Keep your eye on the monitor temps for a while. That sucker will cook you. I have an app I use. I'll post a linky tomorrow.
I ditched the the bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Mine were such a pita that I almost tossed them across the room.
Have fun.

Joe

The mouse is OK to use. I can't find anything nice to say about the keyboard. If I wanted a freakin' laptop Apple I would have bought one! Buying batteries for both sucks too.

Joe

Quote from: Stiv on August 14, 2012, 07:31:30 PMKeep your eye on the monitor temps for a while. That sucker will cook you. I have an app I use. I'll post a linky tomorrow.

Yep, I use iStatPro for that.

beermonster

imacs - with the bluetooth meeces and keyboards

try putting your imac to sleep and turning off the mouse battery to conserve the power - holy cow the mac wakes up to tell you connection was lost - and ya cant put it back to sleep coz ya just turned the battery off!

nice cool feature :cold4:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Stiv

Quote from: Joe on August 14, 2012, 07:50:06 PM
Quote from: Stiv on August 14, 2012, 07:31:30 PMKeep your eye on the monitor temps for a while. That sucker will cook you. I have an app I use. I'll post a linky tomorrow.

Yep, I use iStatPro for that.

Yep, that's the one. I could fry bacon on the top of this thing. Mmmm, bacon.  :homer:
And I'm running windows in VM.

Farabomb

That's far too clean for a work desk.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

You'll get used to the keyboard. I type like a retard on anything but those keyboards now. The number pad thing sucks but they do have USB attachment number pads you can buy if it's something you use a lot.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Stiv

The BT mouse kept losing connection. IDK if other BT devices around made it crazy or what. Waking up from sleep was a big issue, I do remember that.

Logitech mice are on all of the workstations and I just prefer them over the single button.

Skryber

I LOVE my work station right now. :kiss:
I got the baby swing right next to it. This work from home thing rocks.

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

nice...

looks like mine but without the baby swing... and your mouse is on the wrong side...

maybe I should get a baby swing, are they fun to ride?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I went back to my large wired keyboard. I suppose I would have gotten used to it but I didn't want to.

No issues with wake up or bluetooth disconnects either on the Mountain Lion machine at home or the Lion machines at work. Also the mouse and keyboard goes turns off on their own after inactivity. You don't have to put the mac to sleep for the bluetooth devices to turn off.

Ummm skryber, what is the desktop background on the computer on the right?

David

it's a view of their backyard...

yeah, that's what it is, the backyard...     :shocked:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

If that's the backyard no wonder working from home rocks.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

you should see what's in the front yard
Livin' la Vida Loca