Anthropologist 'confirms' Apple is a religion

Started by Joe, October 25, 2012, 10:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

So I posted that before reading the whole article. The headline proclaims Apple is a religion and at the end of the article it states Apple is NOT a religion. :wtf:

Oh well. The Jimmy Kimmel video is worth it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

It's cheaper than becoming a Scientologist, I think. Dooshier, though.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on October 25, 2012, 10:14:43 AMThe Jimmy Kimmel video is great!

Anthropologist 'confirms' Apple is a religion

Regarding kimmel, I've been telling everyone that my "new" iphone is awesome and I'm so glad I upgraded. But reality is that I just have a cardboard cut out of the original iPhone. Idiots like the ones in the video don't seem to notice. All they notice is how thin and light the cutout is!

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: Joe on October 25, 2012, 10:26:12 AMSo I posted that before reading the whole article. The headline proclaims Apple is a religion and at the end of the article it states Apple is NOT a religion. :wtf:

Seems like that's been a trend on the innertubes lately, bogus headlines to lure you to the article.

Apple is just another label people can attach themselves to.
Humans need labels to figure out where they "stand" or fit in. Whether we realize it or not - it's ingrained in our culture of Bullshittery. Religion capitalized on this thousands of years ago.
And advertising/marketing is just that, creating a label for people to associate themselves with.

Humans are idiots. Look around.  :laugh:

Personally, I do like the labels of: bitch, weirdo, strange, geek. Because if the shoe fits...I will gladly wear the shoe.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on October 25, 2012, 01:36:18 PM
Quote from: Joe on October 25, 2012, 10:26:12 AMSo I posted that before reading the whole article. The headline proclaims Apple is a religion and at the end of the article it states Apple is NOT a religion. :wtf:

Seems like that's been a trend on the innertubes lately, bogus headlines to lure you to the article.

Apple is just another label people can attach themselves to.
Humans need labels to figure out where they "stand" or fit in. Whether we realize it or not - it's ingrained in our culture of Bullshittery. Religion capitalized on this thousands of years ago.
And advertising/marketing is just that, creating a label for people to associate themselves with.

Humans are idiots. Look around.  :laugh:

Personally, I do like the labels of: bitch, weirdo, strange, geek. Because if the shoe fits...I will gladly wear the shoe.
...women and shoes....
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 25, 2012, 02:13:45 PM
...women and shoes....[/quote]
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's funny because I've got messed up feet due to my neuro thing I've got going on. I have three pairs of shoes. I bet you have more than I.  :hello:

quote fail
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I wear black boots pretty much everyday. I'm saving the red pumps for hard times.