NuArc plate burner bulbs for sale

Started by andyfest, February 04, 2013, 12:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCPenfold

David

looks like fun...

Quote...for the pleasure of hoisting a three-foot-tall, homemade skull-bearing piece of welded junk, called the "Ben Hurt" trophy...

"skull-bearing piece of welded junk", coulda been a bong in a previous life...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

JCPenfold

frailer

So, that's BIL Penfold's few minutes of Warhol fame.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

andyfest

Quote from: Earendil on February 04, 2013, 02:04:57 PMActually, I bet you could convert one of the old flip tops into a sweet little grow booth. They already have vent fans and everything.
We were actually thinking about converting one of the plate burners into either a homebrew cabinet or a still. Discreet, out of sight, fans....
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Grimace

Quote from: andyfest on February 04, 2013, 01:10:27 PM
Quote from: t-pat on February 04, 2013, 12:20:28 PMcan I stop laughing now?
I know - I'm just trying to clean up the store room and found the spare bulbs. Knowing how much they were originally worth, I couldn't bear the thought of tossing them in the garbage. We still have the 2 flip-top plate burners too, but I'm not going to move those antiques out until I retire. We haven't used any of this stuff since the end of '03.

Your lucky, I used mine yesterday... :embarrassed:
We just got a plate burner at the middle of 2011 and we still have repeat jobs that were all originally camera shot.
I will continue to burn plates for those just so I don't have to re-typeset the art.

But I have two spare bulbs and they don't look to be the same style, sorry.
Try screen print forums, they still use flip tops and positives for exposing screens.

andyfest

Quote from: Grimace on February 05, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
Quote from: andyfest on February 04, 2013, 01:10:27 PM
Quote from: t-pat on February 04, 2013, 12:20:28 PMcan I stop laughing now?
I know - I'm just trying to clean up the store room and found the spare bulbs. Knowing how much they were originally worth, I couldn't bear the thought of tossing them in the garbage. We still have the 2 flip-top plate burners too, but I'm not going to move those antiques out until I retire. We haven't used any of this stuff since the end of '03.

Your lucky, I used mine yesterday... :embarrassed:
We just got a plate burner at the middle of 2011 and we still have repeat jobs that were all originally camera shot.
I will continue to burn plates for those just so I don't have to re-typeset the art.

But I have two spare bulbs and they don't look to be the same style, sorry.
Try screen print forums, they still use flip tops and positives for exposing screens.
We started converting any digital art over for CTP use in late '03 during our install. Any film we had in stock that did not have a digital origin was copi-dot scanned and we gradually converted all of that to straight digital as companies made artwork changes. We ended up with one film client that wouldn't switch. They were a very small % of our business so we let them go rather than keep chemistry in the processor and FTP plates in stock.

t-pat

Quote from: andyfest on February 05, 2013, 06:59:57 AM
Quote from: Earendil on February 04, 2013, 02:04:57 PMActually, I bet you could convert one of the old flip tops into a sweet little grow booth. They already have vent fans and everything.
We were actually thinking about converting one of the plate burners into either a homebrew cabinet or a still. Discreet, out of sight, fans....

or hell, a grow chamber. Already has a timer and a light!
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Ear

Quote from: t-pat on February 05, 2013, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: andyfest on February 05, 2013, 06:59:57 AM

or hell, a grow chamber. Already has a timer and a light!

good idea  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

I kinda wish I still had a vacuum frame. Made glueing proofs together a lot easier. On the occasion I have to do it.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: andyfest on February 05, 2013, 12:11:50 PMAny film we had in stock that did not have a digital origin was copi-dot scanned

Yeah, weird. I did a number of visits/assessments re copi-dot, thinking it would be a big deal. As it turned out, a storm in a teacup. Glad we didn't bother. Was an Eskofot system I looked at. Would have been dead money in a few months, with hindsight.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

JCPenfold

Quote from: frailer on February 04, 2013, 06:58:46 PMSo, that's BIL Penfold's few minutes of Warhol fame.   :laugh:

Nah he's always doing crazy shit. When he moved to Portland, he biked there from Buffalo. 2 summers ago he biked from Portland to somewhere in the Midwest and went kayaking down the Mississippi. Last summer he was camping with a buddy and literally had to outrun a forest fire in the middle of the night. If he didn't have pics I wouldn't believe half the shit he's done. I'm sure he'll write a book about it all someday.

andyfest

Quote from: frailer on February 05, 2013, 07:53:53 PM
Quote from: andyfest on February 05, 2013, 12:11:50 PMAny film we had in stock that did not have a digital origin was copi-dot scanned

Yeah, weird. I did a number of visits/assessments re copi-dot, thinking it would be a big deal. As it turned out, a storm in a teacup. Glad we didn't bother. Was an Eskofot system I looked at. Would have been dead money in a few months, with hindsight.   :undecided:
We looked at it too back in the early days of CTP, but for the few occasions we had to get a scan done it didn't make sense to buy a scanner. Within a year no-one was trying to convert film. It was just easier and cheaper to re-do the art digitally.

Farabomb

We demoed a Eskofuck once. Damn near useless and amazingly we didn't buy it. Went against every other purchase we made that year.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job