Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMPrepress

Anyone upgrade to Adobe CC yet?  We just had a customer ask if we can take CS7 files...guessing they mean CC as there is no CS7.
Not looking forward to upgrading to CC on 5 workstations!! I am sure the process of upgrading will be painless it is what happens after that I fear! :shoots_self:
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

I'm still on 5. Intern is using 6 so I make her add idml files to all her job folders.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Fontaholic

We're still using CS4 here...  :old:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

David

We are attempting to get a mega license for CC (which actually is CS7 if you see a pdf file and get props on it,it will be made by ID CS7).
It gets weird because Adobe changed it from a "seat" license to a license per user.
And with our proxy servers, it gets to be an IT nightmare.

I have been told after Adobe and the QG lawyers get done, we may have it by September...  maybe

So, it's PDFs for us or nothing!!!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

No also. And Indesign in CC is the next version after 6 whether you want to call it CS7 or CC. And Indy CS6 will not open CS7/CC Indy files without the CS7/CC user either saving as CS4 or later .indd file or saving a .idml file. Still not upgrading.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

not yet here. Trying to get Insite and hammer out a new plate contract, so that'll be the next money battle. They're in for a surprise.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Yes. We are currently on a count down to licence lapse due to some kind of company credit card dispute with Abode. 12 days to no apps., unless they sort it out.
When the time comes, the way it works is you each have an Abode login/password. You then manage the apps and downloads from Abode Application Manager, in your Apps folder. You do it all from there, which was not obvious to this poor old sucker initially, as I hadn't twigged that you download from there as well..
We had bigtime angst for a while on logins because the sign-up deal had changed from the initial one, late last year. We seem to be sorted now. Login is usually your work email, in most cases.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

WharfRat

Or you purchase A "TEAM" license
where one account supports more than one account.
Less price as well, after the introduction "specials" expire.

MSD

frailer

Quote from: WharfRat on July 24, 2013, 08:49:43 PMOr you purchase A "TEAM" license
where one account supports more than one account.
Less price as well, after the introduction "specials" expire.

MSD

Unfortunately ours was being 'admin'd' from head office, so the whole thing was completely opaque to me. Yes, that friggin' 'introductory offer' was the spanner in the works, as far as registration was concerned. When it expired, goalposts moved; login names stuffed up... you name it.
I don't know what particular category we're under, and don't much care, seeing as I have no control/input. Having said that, I feel the urgent need to remind them that countdown to no-apps is 12 days away, unless they sort their payment dispute with Abode.  :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

andyfest

Looks like we will not be updating to CC anytime soon. Our largest clients have told us that they will not be updating for some time yet. As we mainly use Illy &PhShop, it will be our clients that will force any changes in the future.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Santa

We are on it.  One seat. Kept the other station on CS6.  Didn't notice much of a difference in my daily workflow other than the flow of money each month for the license.

mwc

No CC here. (Hell, I'm at CS4 while my operators are CS6). Just had the FIRST client send a INDD 7 file yesterday (ok---INDD CC)  v7 makes more sense though? Why not Pro or iSuite, or Deluxe Platinum?  I will probably update ONE license for just INDD 7/CC on a month to month basis until we know if clients are ready to keep sucking the Adobe teat....(they will....). Have not looked at all the licensing options yet.