Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on July 31, 2013, 10:03:45 AMThis should settle what to call it :laugh:
Hey, that's the same thing we saw!!  :hello:  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on July 31, 2013, 10:31:28 AM
Quote from: Tracy on July 31, 2013, 10:03:45 AMThis should settle what to call it :laugh:

Can we just call it "trouble"?

I usually just call it a god-damned, effin, sonuvabitchin' pain in the ass, but "trouble" is quicker to say (if less satisfying)... ;)

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

frailer

Joseph Heller, rolling in his grave, again.   :rolleyes:  'You can open it in version X, but you need version Y to save it back to a version X-openable'.
Those without current CC are now in the situation of pleading with their customers for save-downs or PDFs. And the inverse relationship between up-to-datedness and dezinger skill applies.   :death:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Quote from: frailer on July 31, 2013, 05:34:40 PMThose without current CC are now in the situation of pleading with their customers for save-downs or PDFs. And the inverse relationship between up-to-datedness and dezinger skill applies.   :death:

...which is probably the majority of users. Fuck, I'm still running CS3/CS4 with no plans to upgrade, ever.

Dezingers are so stupid they seem shocked when asked to downsave or PDF, as if the entire world also updates their software within 18 minutes of an upgrade. KILL THEM.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

That's if you can actually get a designer to downsave a file. Most are so clueless that it's almost impossible.

Not that they are smart enough to google how to downsave.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DHG

Got this prompt today......

Farabomb

God bless. Good luck explaining how to backsave to the designer.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

wondering what it's gonna be like when it goes to CS8
and your on cS6?

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on July 31, 2013, 05:34:40 PM

Joseph Heller, rolling in his grave, again.   :rolleyes:  'You can open it in version X, but you need version Y to save it back to a version X-openable'.
Those without current CC are now in the situation of pleading with their customers for save-downs or PDFs. And the inverse relationship between up-to-datedness and dezinger skill applies.   :death:
One of us is smart enough to figure this shit out. If Macroshaft can make a free powerpoint viewer app, and adobe can make the free version of acrobat reader, there's got to be a way to drag-and-drop a newer CC file and save it down to a CS file automatically, without having CC.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

All I know is I feel it especially incumbent upon me to watch for pleas like Slappy's now. And work on my turnaround time.   :laugh:  Sorry, it's not funny.  :slapownwrist:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 01, 2013, 02:33:48 PMAll I know is I feel it especially incumbent upon me to watch for pleas like Slappy's now. And work on my turnaround time.   :laugh:  Sorry, it's not funny.  :slapownwrist:

OK, my 27" iMac is dead and back at the Apple Repair center for who knows how long. Hard drive died so I lost all of my CS6 apps. I do not own CS6 at home but have always used the work 2nd activation for my home iMac. So for now I am using my old iMac and need the Adobe apps so I signed up for a trial of CC (30 days) and I have installed all of the apps. One thing, I think someone asked earlier about installing Acrobat XI and keeping earlier versions, when I installed Acrobat XI it warned me that it would uninstall all previous versions of Acrobat. Anyone else seeing that? I think I'm going to fork over the $29.99 per month for my own copy. My freelance work will cover that easily. So I think I will have CC soon.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 01, 2013, 05:17:12 PMOK, my 27" iMac is dead and back at the Apple Repair center for who knows how long.

OK, that frightens the living bejesus outa me.