Cyrels not fitting

Started by G_Town, May 13, 2014, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

So I have never seen anything like this before, both in terms of problems and the reluctance of the pressroom to attempt to fix the issue.

I have the strangest issue with cyrels on a couple presses where the right side of the sheet is higher than the left. It looks like for all the world that the cyrel is hung crooked I constantly point this out and I keep getting back "bad distortion" comments, how can the left side of the sheet be more or less correct top to bottom and then as it goes across the sheet the whole thing starts to angle up??

I can't get them to do anything to fix it and now the powers at be have decided it's my problem.

Any suggestions?

Oh and one other thing they got one somehow hung right and ran a job, the very next week on the same press they hung another, bossman OK'd it then during the run it went crooked again. My comment was how was it OK then and now it's not.

If I hear one more bad distortion comment......

born2print

bad press distortion I reckon.  :hello:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

David

We found out some time ago that the cyrel or flexo plate can bounce on press and that can make it appear that is isn't fitting or having distortion issues.
What we did to eliminate the problem was to run a solid bar vertically around the edge of the plate so that there were no voids in the plate that would cause it to go up and down as the cylinder rotates.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

This job is pretty much all image with small spareouts throughout.

It looks like they set the notches of the blanket on the pins then lifted one side up by an 1/8" then clamped the plate in.

David

sounds about right... it makes it work better if it's off the pins, easier to hang.    :sarcasm:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca