News:

Main Menu

"Ding!"

Started by frailer, June 01, 2014, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

OK, I'm a dumkopf probably, but...  Since I got my 27"-er back with a new video board, I'm getting background 'Dings' at times. WTF is this signalling? It's not incoming Mail... I've checked.
Where do I investigate this? It's trying to tell me something.   :embarrassed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Not sure what they are. I hear them too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Looks like medication dose should be upped for both of us. Can I really be bothered to go onto an Apple forum.? Probably not.

... wait, could be 'Nothing's broken in the last 10 minutes'.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on June 01, 2014, 06:03:58 PMOK, I'm a dumkopf probably, but...  Since I got my 27"-er back with a new video board, I'm getting background 'Dings' at times. WTF is this signalling? It's not incoming Mail... I've checked.
Instant fix is to turn the sound down  :tapedshut:
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on June 01, 2014, 06:48:05 PM
Quote from: frailer on June 01, 2014, 06:03:58 PMOK, I'm a dumkopf probably, but...  Since I got my 27"-er back with a new video board, I'm getting background 'Dings' at times. WTF is this signalling? It's not incoming Mail... I've checked.

Not when you've got Linda Ronstadt singing a Warren Zevon song.   :laugh:

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on June 01, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: Diddler on June 01, 2014, 06:48:05 PM

Not when you've got Linda Ronstadt singing a Warren Zevon song.   :laugh:
Oh then turn up the music and off with the alert sound!
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

StudioMonkey

Yer dinners ready
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

frailer

... not unlike a microwave bell.   :undecided:

Possum

Maybe it's the new, improved hacker alert.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 02, 2014, 08:21:18 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on June 02, 2014, 08:12:29 AMIt means the fries are done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvHXjKloNs
That sound means your baby is still alive.
Or maybe, in this case, A dingo stoled your baby.  :shocked:

frailer

Turns out the dingo did, on re-examination, steal the baby. Their marriage did not survive the miscarriage of justice, but each did individually, it seems; no mean feat. Changed people though, of course.
But I digress...

jimking

Quote from: frailer on June 02, 2014, 06:34:35 PMTurns out the dingo did, on re-examination, steal the baby. Their marriage did not survive the miscarriage of justice, but each did individually, it seems; no mean feat. Changed people though, of course.
But I digress...
Frailer, I remember that case well. However, here in the states there used to be a comedy show called Seinfeld. One particular episode they took a page out of that case.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTIGXvc88Y

Joe

Quote from: jimking on June 03, 2014, 07:55:18 AM
Quote from: frailer on June 02, 2014, 06:34:35 PMTurns out the dingo did, on re-examination, steal the baby. Their marriage did not survive the miscarriage of justice, but each did individually, it seems; no mean feat. Changed people though, of course.
But I digress...
Frailer, I remember that case well. However, here in the states there used to be a comedy show called Seinfeld. One particular episode they took a page out of that casehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTIGXvc88Y

And she is now the VEEP. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.