iMac kaput; urgent spec-up for replacement

Started by frailer, February 02, 2014, 12:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

nah, just outrun 'em.

oh, never mind, I would prolly spill the margarita at that point. Especially in my 10 year old Honda 4 cylinder.    :old:

so, the moral of the story, don't leave home with it.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Update. iMac has been parked at repairers, with request not to do anything until we see whether they'll allow 'under Warranty' repair, or whether we'll be paying for a quote.
Mr Backburner is doing the liaising with Apple. Day 2, no news.  :shrug:  Compadra not in tomorrow, so on hers then. TG I could go on here today via the Black Magic Mini/Safari. Digital Prepress is problematic without a digital machine.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

We are getting this GPU replaced under warranty... AKA 'Customer Satisfaction Code', officially named. Woulda been $595.  :grin:  Also saves a grilling from higher-ups.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

I wish Apple US was as generous as Apple AU.

frailer

Yeah, not sure of the rhyme or reason. Maybe our name as the main entertainment publisher. But that's a guess. The track record out of 5 imacs was abysmal though.   :undecided:

Joe

If they are anything like mine at home your first problem with them won't be the last. :cry:

frailer

Joe

Yours might be OK after one repair. You are closer to China. Less saltwater air on the shorter boat trip to AU than the US. :sarcasm: