"Enter Network Password" keeps popping up in Outlook Express -- HELP!!

Started by Fontaholic, October 06, 2014, 09:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hi everyone...

Da Boss (whose computer is running on Windows 7) began having a problem in Outlook Express last Friday, when I was out of the office.

Out of nowhere, Outlook keeps asking him to "Enter Network Password", and no matter how many times we type in the correct information, Outlook doesn't recognize this as the correct password and asks again. And again. And again...

We know the problem's in Outlook because we can access the emails normally through the ISP's website, but Da Boss likes his Outlook and wants the problem solved.

I'm a Mac person, so I need ll the help I can get when dealing with Windows... :undecided: 

Cheers, John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on October 06, 2014, 09:08:29 AMSave password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express

Followed instructions as instructed by Microsoft.

"Enter Network Password" still pops up at every opportunity.

:angry:

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on October 06, 2014, 12:51:33 PMAnd you're sure you are typing in the correct password?

Yep.

And after spending almost an hour on the phone with tech support, it's been determined that the problem is a system problem on their end, not ours... :rolleyes:

David

gawd...  I hate paswords, we have so many here it is re-dick-you-luss.
My admin password expires in 10 days, my normal user password expires in 2 months, the other eleventy billlion passwords never expire, thank god.
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

oh forgot...
 if you forget or mistype your password, and if you make 3 attempts, you're screwed. You are now officially locked out of everything. You have to make a phone call to the other side of the planet, answer about 20 security questions, then they may let you back in.

fun times.
Livin' la Vida Loca