Rule to process pages

Started by johnny_jay, October 16, 2015, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

Hello,

We are upgrading to Insite 7 from 6.5 next month and was hoping someone with the htlm5 uploader would mind testing this rule for me. Since we are making such a huge leap, I do not have the html5 uploader.

We use a rule to process our pages, we do a first refine and then a second refine. We do this because we GCR the pages on the second refine. With the Java uploader, this works great. With Flash it is a mess if multiple files are uploaded, it tries to process them multiple times and they seem to be in a loop.

I am also posting this to GUA Forums/Rules Exchange

Thank you in advance!

John Stewart
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on October 16, 2015, 01:05:36 PMHello,

We are upgrading to Insite 7 from 6.5 next month and was hoping someone with the htlm5 uploader would mind testing this rule for me. Since we are making such a huge leap, I do not have the html5 uploader.

We use a rule to process our pages, we do a first refine and then a second refine. We do this because we GCR the pages on the second refine. With the Java uploader, this works great. With Flash it is a mess if multiple files are uploaded, it tries to process them multiple times and they seem to be in a loop.

I am also posting this to GUA Forums/Rules Exchange

Thank you in advance!

John Stewart

I can try it later this evening if that helps.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

I would greatly appreciate that!!!
Thanks Joe, you are awesome!!!!
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

OK it worked fine once I figured out I had to change the path to the process templates to match where they are located in our system. :rotf:

Dropped 12 files on the job and they processed with 1stRef-Normz and when that finished they then processed the 2nd refine using 2ndRef-MapColors.

Mikie

johnny_jay

Thanks again Joe, that's how it works for us with the Java up loader as well. When using Flash, it works fine when 1 file is uploaded but when uploading multiple pages it somehow puts them in a loop. It seem like if you upload 5 files, it tries to process them all 5 times. They then start to error because processing is already in progress.

John
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

I like the HTML uploader. We just upgraded to Prinergy/Insite 7 this past week so Java is no longer an option thankfully. On the first day we had a customer call in a panic over the message at the top of the uploader window that "Uploading folders is not supported with HTML5" and he couldn't comprehend that it only meant you can't drop a folder full of PDF's on the upload window and that you have to just drop the actual PDF files on the upload window. Some people...

johnny_jay

We never went to Insite with the html uploader, frankly, we had more problems with customer launching smart review than uploading.

My boss and I went to GUA this year and knew it was time to upgrade and IT wanted to visualize Prinergy anyway.

We have Kodak coming the first of November. They are switching over our Prinergy (primary and secondary) and Insite to be all virtualized and upgrading us to Prinergy , Insite, and Preps 7. We just finished an Install of a fully automated Screen 16000N platesetter. We have new iMacs for the department as well. Management has been very nice to us on upgrades.

John
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

We were going to virtualize at first until Kodak sent us white paper for all of the rules involved with using virtualization. We don't have a full blown IT department, just me unfortunately, so we just decided to go with two new servers. The price ended up being pretty much the same.

Joe

FYI if you are bored here is Kodak's 21 page document detailing what has to be done for virtualization...

http://test.b4print.com/extra/PlanningForAVirtualWorkflowEnvironment.docx.zip

johnny_jay

Thanks Joe, Our IT department has been working on it but I'll pass this on to them on Monday.

We have a small IT department of 2 guys but they work with an outside company on bigger projects.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert