Convert to Spot_goes 100% to ~90%

Started by frailer, December 14, 2015, 04:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Head office dezinger does wrapping paper and a season greeting card.
It's an image, which i presume he's done in PhSh. In his wisdom has given me a 4 col version, and P 02 is as Black background version of same job (effectively mono)..
At home, so no screenshots available.
I need to print as 485C. (single colour job).
In my supreme dumbness I converted it to 485C in Pitty, and got a solid background. I should have tried to run the mono version in cmyk route in XMF, so they could run 485C with it. I'll try in the morn...
It has screened elements in the job, but in WireFrame it's a single image, so i guess he's Placed a TIFF or summin in Indy, then Exported the PDF.

OK, when it goes through XMF, I'm getting the solid go to ~92% ish. This needs to print 100%, or close to it, (so they can 'fill it in').

This is just the plate curve being applied to the image, correct?

Is my only way to get that to solid background, but not tamper too much with the mids and highs to do curve manipulation of Shadow area in either PitStop or via PhSh/save back in?

Hope this makes some sense. Screen shots in AM as necessary, (I think you may still be up/at work, Joe  :smiley:  )
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

Single color job and the file is 100% black? Tell the pressman to fill the fountain with 485 and be done with it.

Also tell the HO designer it's best to set up files correctly...

Ha, Ha, yes I know I'm funny.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

A plate curve should not change a 100% at all. At most it might make a 98% a 97%. A 100% tint has no dot on a plate. A 92% has a dot on the plate. Something changed it before it got to the plate curve stage. Or else something is seriously wrong with your plate curve.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks Joe. He resolved it this morning by taking the TIFF he saved from PhSh, and, in his words, do an 'old school' re-colouring of a grayscale version within Indy. It certainly seemed to work.
'Only works with a TIFF'.... (apparently, according to him). He's got some surprise skills up his sleeve. Shocks me now and again.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.