xx
Plate Processors
by Possum
August 17, 2017, 09:57:58 AM

xx
press calibration
by pspdfppdfxhd
August 16, 2017, 08:13:39 AM

Topic: Report: Xerox Seeks to Acquire RR Donnelley (Read 608 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Report: Xerox Seeks to Acquire RR Donnelley
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Slappy
  • [*]
Re: Report: Xerox Seeks to Acquire RR Donnelley
Reply #1
Oh rly?  :popcorn:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • #NoLivesMatter
Reply #2
Indeed.  :popcorn: 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• david
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • WTF?
Reply #3
I'll believe it when I see it...    :popcorn:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #4
I'll believe it when I see it...    :popcorn:

That is what I said when it was rumored that Quebecor was going to buy World Color...and that Quad was going to buy Quebecor, etc.... :sad:
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• david
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • WTF?
Reply #5
I saw the blurb about Xerox and was wondering why RRD would let them buy, are they hurting for money?

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Pro Bono Prepressico
Reply #6
RRD recently bought our local CDS printer. CDS had a bunch of webs and a whole building full of Indigo presses, which ran Apple packaging and documentation, exclusively. It is quite an operation. Now run by RRD.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #7
I saw the blurb about Xerox and was wondering why RRD would let them buy, are they hurting for money?

Big profit for stock holders is my guess.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #8
RRD recently bought our local CDS printer. CDS had a bunch of webs and a whole building full of Indigo presses, which ran Apple packaging and documentation, exclusively. It is quite an operation. Now run by RRD.

There isn't much left in the way of printers that don't fall under either the Quad or RRD umbrella.

• david
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • WTF?
Reply #9
yepper, if it ain't Quad it's RRD... or the little mom and pops

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #10

• born2print
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #11
Had a dude ask me about this the other day... he was saying "is Xerox that big of a company?"
I had to ask him: picture every building in the world, now how many do NOT have a Xerox device in them?
:ohno:
"Sorry mom, there was a tattoo artist in here talking about getting prints of tattooed penises."  :lmao:

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • [*][*][*]
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #12
Had a dude ask me about this the other day... he was saying "is Xerox that big of a company?"
I had to ask him: picture every building in the world, now how many do NOT have a Xerox device in them?
:ohno:

Exactly.

They also developed the first visual interface with a mouse, that eventually became the Macintosh. Practically gave it to Steve Jobs.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • #NoLivesMatter
Reply #13
So, they created the demon that is now the internet?

I liked it better when you had to work at banging out command line in order to get on the net.  :git off mah lawn:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• born2print
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #14
So, they created the demon that is now the internet?

I liked it better when you had to work at banging out command line in order to get on the net.  :git off mah lawn:
It kept the riff-raff away :thumbsup:
"Sorry mom, there was a tattoo artist in here talking about getting prints of tattooed penises."  :lmao: