Anyone Sending ppf files for a Manroland Pecom system from Prinergy system?

Started by johnny_jay, November 03, 2016, 07:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

We are setting up a new press and we are having problems getting the ppf file configured properly for the Pecom system.

The file comes over and works but the name is the sig ID and sig number from preps but I wanted to use a custom config and add the job name as well.

What the Pecom system names the files matches the CIP3AdmJobName and when I do the config file, to what I want, it does not change at all.

http://screencast.com/t/hpjWYir5I

I also posted this on GUA

Thank you,

John Stewart
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

I just did this a few months ago. It looks like you already found the answer over at the GUA forums.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

Thanks Joe, I am going to test this out.

Can I ask you another question? Do you do a lot of section templates in Preps? If so, how do you keep sigs straight for ink data?

I have added a custom mark that will list all sigs on a press run and works good in theory but production is starting up soon.

John Stewart
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean multi-section templates? Yes we do a lot of those but what do you mean by 'keep sigs straight for ink data'. All of our output templates go through PrintLink to create the CIP files which calculates the ink data from the content of the plate files.

johnny_jay

Sorry I wasn't clear. Our tickets for multi section runs call out Run 1 as Sig 1 and Sig 2 , Run 2 as Sig 3 and Sig 4 etc. They are named by the bindery signatures, not press runs. With Prinergy, sending over the plates, pressproofs and ink presets these would just be 1 and 2 and that would cause confusion. 

I came up with a custom field that I can populate into the file names so the proof would be named Sig 1 2, Sig 3 4

http://screencast.com/t/rwyOGJuI

I was just wondering how others call out names of multiple sections runs?

The plate count field is for our barcoding that will sort the plates into carts, it populates when files are assigned but the default is 4

John

Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

You can put two Job Info marks on a plate. We put one of above the first section and one above the other section and you just assign them to only show info for that section in the template. Here is what the ID looks like on the plate and within workshop.

johnny_jay

That is what I am doing as well. I needed the custom field for my barcode, that is the only way I could figure out to get both to show in the same place.

My other bad habit is catching up with me, I had used $[SIG] and have learned that doesn't always play nice with sections so have been converting to $SIG, thank goodness for text wrangler.

Preps 7 had introduced $BinderySig and $BinderySig.all or $BS and $BS.all and I have found they do not always work as expected.

This will be our first wide format, double round press so the last 6 months have been an adventure.

Thanks again Joe for your help!
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert