"Oris Batch Processor has stopped working...."

Started by andyfest, March 06, 2017, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Seems to be a problem that is occurring with our Dotscreen module queues only (proofs made from 1 bit tiffs). Proofs will either error out before printing/reading the calibration swatches or not print at all. Contone proofs from PDF do not seem to be affected. CGS seems to think it may be an issue with the Built in spectro on the Epson 9900, but with the spectro working no problem on contone proofs, I'm  thinking it's a software issue issue. Anyone else experience a similar issue with an Oris ColorTuner/Web setup?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

David

we had issues with our 7900 with the built in spectro (we actually had 2 like this). It just quit working one day an we could never get it back. Worked a ton with the Oris people and they could never solve the issue.
We ended up swapping the 7900 out for a 9900 with the spectro and after about a year it quit working as well. No solution to that problem so we went to reading/calibrating off line with a custom app that read our our strips and printed labels.

no help, but at least you're not alone.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

andyfest

Looks like the spectro head is on its way out. New one on order. Original lasted 4 years so I'm hoping this one will last as well.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro