Prinergy 7.5 - possible to change marks on the fly?

Started by DCurry, June 27, 2017, 12:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Using Prinergy 7.5 and Preps 7.

We create our impos in Prinergy Workshop by choosing File>Create New Imposition... and then navigate to a pre-built Preps template, select the desired signatures, and click OK. I've noticed in the signature selection window there is a button called "Marks," and clicking it brings up a dialog where it appears that one can either add or remove marks without having to go to Preps and edit the template.

I say "it appears" because I cannot make this work - if I try to either add or remove a mark Prinergy will not import or create the impo. I can't find any info on it in Help, so if anyone has any insight (JOE!) I'd be much obliged. This would be a very useful tool once we are up and running with our new press.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

All this time I never paid any attention to that button. It appears you could add and remove existing marks which could be handy. But it doesn't work for me either.

Another info filled error message from Prinergy: Failed to convert Preps job file XYZ.job to JDF file. Error calling: load_job2 {1: }[1556015] :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!