Remove 10% of Magenta across the sheet

Started by rickself, February 26, 2018, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickself

Hey all -
I have an older Mac running Acrobat 9 Pro and Pitstop 10. I know. Old stuff but we can't afford the newer versions. Don't beat me up!
I have a 4 color, ready to rip PDF that I'd like to remove 10% Magenta across the sheet. Is there a way to do this in Pitstop?
It's going to a Harlequin rip and the guy burning plates can probably do that on the rip end but just wondering if Pitstop can do that.
Thanks!
Rick Self, Prepress Oldie
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S
Fiery BCE5  Xitron Navigator v.13   Screen 8000II   Azura Plates   Komori L640

mattbeals

You want to pull 10% out of the magenta plate in PitStop? I suppose it could be done with a color or cmyk curve using an action list, but I don't recall if that is available in PitStop 10.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

andyfest

Not sure if I completely understand. 10% at the mid-tone, or 10% throughout the entire cutback curve?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

abc

Not in version 10. Was added in 12 or 13 if I remember correctly.

abc

Could always download a 30 day trial and apply the fix....
But just seen Acrobat 9, that might be an issue.

Fat Boy Tim

Quote from: abc on February 27, 2018, 04:05:03 PMCould always download a 30 day trial and apply the fix....
But just seen Acrobat 9, that might be an issue.

...so then .... Looks like on your "Home: MacPro Quad Core 10.11.6" ... You're going to need a seven day trial of Adobe CC and a thirty day trial of pit stop 2017.

rickself

Now that sounds like a good idea! I hadn't even thought about a trial. The version I have on my older Mac at work isn't upgradeable to intel. But I do have the same Mac at work as I do at home. My only fear is enjoying the new Pitstop  and having to tell (convince) my boss that I need to have it!
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S

abc

Quote from: rickself on February 27, 2018, 09:00:49 PMMy only fear is enjoying the new Pitstop  and having to tell (convince) my boss that I need to have it!

Ahh, you've seen through my cunning plan  :-)

ninjaPB_43

10% is a lot to be taking out... Just out of curiosity - what led to needing/wanting to take that much out across the entire sheet?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

rickself

Something the pressman wanted to try. It's a box for fried/broasted chicken. I don't have the original-original art, just the pdf. Chicken looks like it was dragged through paprika before the photo shoot!

Joe

Why would you want to alter the PDF instead of just using a plate curve? If it goes south the PDF won't be ruined if you use a plate curve.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

rickself

Seriously...
I don't think they know how to work with curves.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: rickself on March 02, 2018, 11:07:27 AMSomething the pressman wanted to try. It's a box for fried/broasted chicken. I don't have the original-original art, just the pdf. Chicken looks like it was dragged through paprika before the photo shoot!

Trial and error ON press? 

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley