Recent

Author Topic: Source "imported marks"  (Read 5009 times)

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
Source "imported marks"
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:30:55 PM »
I'm assuming that Dyna doesn't have a supplied Library of Marks to fit this category. Manual and PPT tutorials suggest that bringing in PDF marks is the go. Is there an accessible, legal, free library, I can access? Hope I'm not missing something, but am guessing they've gotta be brought in from "somewhere". Want to get some alyernatives to the on-board Density Bar in Dyna.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Source "imported marks"
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »
We make custom ones for Preps in Illustrator. You should be able to accomplish the same thing for Dyna.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:29:17 AM »

We make custom ones for Preps in Illustrator. You should be able to accomplish the same thing for Dyna.

Thought I might be headed in that direction...Thanks... :cheesy:
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:00:24 AM »

Finally made some up this afternoon; at last getting some humming sounds out of this impo app.   :cheesy:   Been a while.    :clock:
~~~~~~

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 03:22:20 AM »
I admire your persistance with trying to tame that beast that is Dynastrip. I just never "got it" when it came to the way it works.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:14:44 AM »

I admire your persistance with trying to tame that beast that is Dynastrip. I just never "got it" when it came to the way it works.

...yeah, but the odd thing is, once you get used to all the Object Tools~what they do...radio buttons and hidden trap-doors; mysterious dropdown menus; it kinda grows on you. You can really punch stuff out pretty quickly on it. Just that the initial learning curve's steep.
Fortunately, so far,  :lipsrsealed:  haven't experienced disappearing Template files or stuff like that, as have santa and one or two others.
I say so far. Now that would be a PITA!
~~~~~~