Office 365 Outlook
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:13:58 AM

xx
Whole of job corruption upstream?
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

xx
A way to find a pdf page size from acrobat reader?
by Tracy
December 06, 2018, 02:55:57 PM

xx
Paper "scam"
by born2print
December 06, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Topic: CS 4 delayed for Macs (Read 6443 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CS 4 delayed for Macs

Reply #1
CS4 already?   Damnit Adobe! You dont even have CS3 right yet. :angry:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Reply #2
It's already in beta
one sick prepress mofo

Reply #3
I wonder WTF we are supposed to do when Windows users send us CS4 files and we have no CS4 for Macs?
Kinda dumb on Adobes part IMO, better to wait until they have both platforms ready. And yes I know PDF's are an option but still...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Reply #4

CS4 already?   Damnit Adobe! You dont even have CS3 right yet. :angry:

Yeah, it would be nice if they would get the current version working correctly before they unleash the latest bag of crap on us. Of course maybe their bank account is getting low?
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #5
4 gig of RAM to run 64 bit PS.... Jesus Christ!!!! I can see the problems now, 5 gig PS file with 100 layers, 150 paths, "it open's fine on my machine..."
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Reply #7
So let me get this straight... 32 AND 64 bit versions for PC to accomodate older OS and Vista. AND... 32 bit for Mac released in conjuction with windows, and later 64 bit Mac... Did I read that correctly?
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Reply #8
I read elsewhere that CS4 will be released in 2010. That means we all still have some time to make money with those expensive CS3 licenses.

Reply #9

I read elsewhere that CS4 will be released in 2010. That means we all still have some time to make money with those expensive CS3 licenses.

Geez and I just renewed my ASN contract too.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Reply #10
Don't for get that 64 bit Vista is a separate operating system from Vista 32 bit and is more expensive. Secondly, it was hardly the fault of Adobes fault that Apple pulled support for 64 bit Carbon. However it is Adobes fault that didn't start porting sooner. It's not as straightforward as it seems
one sick prepress mofo

Reply #11
[quote author=jezza  link=topic=1404.msg20246#msg20246 date=1207274039]
Don't for get that 64 bit Vista is a separate operating system from Vista 32 bit and is more expensive. Secondly, it was hardly the fault of Adobes fault that Apple pulled support for 64 bit Carbon. However it is Adobes fault that didn't start porting sooner. It's not as straightforward as it seems
[/quote]

Thanks Jezza, that actually clarifies a lot. I did not know there were two versions of Vista.

Reply #13
[quote author=jezza  link=topic=1404.msg20248#msg20248 date=1207275575]
Cheers DCS. There's a much more informative article here

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/04/photoshop_lr_64.html#c1179745

[/quote]

Now it all makes sense... Thanks again Jezza.

Reply #14

[quote author=jezza  link=topic=1404.msg20246#msg20246 date=1207274039]

Thanks Jezza, that actually clarifies a lot. I did not know there were two versions of Vista.
[/quote]

We bought Vista Ultimate at work and it comes with both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version depending on your hardware. Both suck!
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.