Soft Proofing from Nexus

Started by Joe, April 28, 2008, 03:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Anyone doing this? I need softproofs that are guaranteed to match the Nexus output to plates. Anyone doing it so they feel safe that is what is in the proof file the customer views is what will be on the plates?

Oh yeah, I need it yesterday too. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

beck

What about adding an "Export PDF" module to your workflow?  That's what we do.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

Joe

I've tried that but the low res pdf's are about 2-4 times bigger than the high res ones we input. And I'm talking about doing hundreds of pages. We're going to try out the PDF workflow and try to get away from Artpro and CT/LW - link files. Took a look at WebWay but it would be too slow for viewing that many pages across an internet connection.

johnny_jay

We export High Rez PDFs from Rampage and use Dalim Dialogue for viewing online. The PDFs we export are quite big but it is faster than downloading the PDFs. We combine all the PDFs into one multi page document and it is viewed in Dialogue almost like a PDF but has other features, approval/rejection, email notifications to name a few. It is also supposed to be swop certified as well.

johnny_jay
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

I had a demo of Dalim Dialog at graph expo. I was very impressed with it but that's more than likely not in the budget.