Laninateing and added weight.

Started by Ear, May 08, 2008, 10:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

This is a pretty obscure question and I'll preface it with the scenario. We have a job that is being laminated and we need to ship it by truck when finished. Does anyone have a clue what kind of weight would be added to a printed piece by laminating both sides of the sheet with a 1.5 mil laminate? Would it double the weight, or maybe half again? Any ideas? We're trying to quote shipping, the paper is easy to figure but not sure what the plastic will do to the equation.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Do you have some other sheets that are already laminated with 1.5mil? You could weigh 10 or 20 of them and then figure it out from there.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on May 08, 2008, 10:36:36 AMDo you have some other sheets that are already laminated with 1.5mil? You could weigh 10 or 20 of them and then figure it out from there.

That would be the way to go but we don't do the laminating here and don't have access to anything like that.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

No samples of previous lam jobs? Surely someone on the forum has something like that at their shop and can weigh a stack for you...we don't, sorry.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Thanks P-Ditty! Very helpful.  :grin:

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on May 13, 2008, 11:08:48 AMGet a room, you two!

Im game, you wanna join?  we need a white african american.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

Wait a minute. Why am I a "white" African American, but other African Americans aren't "black" African Americans? What would I be if my mother was an Australian Aboriginal and my father was a white stockbroker from Maine? "They" would all call me African American, but in reality I'd be a mulatto from the South Pacific. I don't get it.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on May 13, 2008, 12:12:17 PMWhat would I be if my mother was an Australian Aboriginal and my father was a white stockbroker from Maine?

You'd be a White Australian American.