Acrobat and re-purposing

Started by frailer, June 25, 2008, 04:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Am getting more info from customer, but I'll pose it now anyway. They are entering some sort of invitation we just printed for them in a graphic design awards thingamy. When she supplied the hot foil image, she made it a spot blue, but called it "Foil". No problem. PDF'd to finishers, call it/colour it whatever you want.

BUT, the awards people, from what I can gather, want to put entries on a web-site. She's concerned that the blue won't be appropriate...[it won't].

I've suggested to her that she copy a new InDes doc, and re-Export, but this time using a 'for Web' profile;, having already changed the silver foil into a tint of black, or a 'silver'. Hmmm...just pick a 'silver' Spot, right?

Thoughts? She's getting back to me to confirm the detail/add stuff. Shall update info as needed.

I think some print designers don't think about the RGB thing too much...or at all.    :undecided:   BTW, she's a dream customer. Her supplied PDFs would win awards. I lurv 'em... :kiss:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Zimmy3

Quote from: frailer on June 25, 2008, 04:27:12 AMI've suggested to her that she copy a new InDes doc, and re-Export, but this time using a 'for Web' profile;, having already changed the silver foil into a tint of black, or a 'silver'. Hmmm...just pick a 'silver' Spot, right?
Thoughts?
Sounds good to me :cheesy:
Because it feels good !

jezza

With a little work in Photoshop, you could add a 'sheen' to it. The silver will look grey, not shiney. Fir sheen read some lighting effects applied to a  gradient. Not ideal though.
one sick prepress mofo