Author Topic: Any Way to Merge Pre-sepped PDFs?  (Read 15079 times)

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
Any Way to Merge Pre-sepped PDFs?
« on: July 02, 2008, 07:29:59 PM »
I could have swore there was a way to do it in Acrobat, but I can't find anything.... help a brother out!
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
Re: Any Way to Merge Pre-sepped PDFs?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »
I need some SERVICE here! What, I have to wait more than 5 minutes?!? C'Mon peoples, ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
Have you tried re-exporting as PS?

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
Yeah, I have. Any other bright ideas Guy?

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
what up DCS...

so you are taking 4 pdfs (cmyk, im assuming they are all k) and trying to merge back to composite?

"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."

Offline jezza

• Skinny boy
  • Ninja Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »
You wanna recombine the seps like from a DCS? er DCS...

one sick prepress mofo

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
Yeah, I got a 37 page pre-sepped PDF. Page 1-3 is Orange, black and red, page 4-6 same thing. Etc., etc., etc.

Page 1 says, page 1: Orange Seperation, Page 2 says, 1: Black Sep...

Got it?

Offline jezza

• Skinny boy
  • Ninja Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:21:37 PM »
Yeah I got it, sadly it seems that Acro don't. I can't see it anywhere, never had to do anything like that before.

one sick prepress mofo

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »
Damn, I had a feeling. I could swear I have done it before.

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 08:25:10 PM »
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
Captain, that is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Now, a free version would be nice... RIGHT NOW! I will have to merge these in Photoshop, (UGH!?!) or KIB it. (Kick It Back)

I might be able to get away with this in AI, but I just WANTED TO PUSH A BUTTON! Just once!!! :blowup:

Offline jezza

• Skinny boy
  • Ninja Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »
I can't see how the seps will hold the colour info in Illy. Let us know
one sick prepress mofo

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »
No raster elements to speak of. I don't believe any colors are touching either... I got lucky.

Interesting discussion however.

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 09:03:01 PM »

Amazing how many X2Y/$300 apps there are out there.  Maybe they all use the same base code.... :laugh:
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »
i must say i was curious how this was going to pan out. spent the last hour or so coloring/merging seps in PS just for the challenge..  verdict: pain in the ass!
"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."