Recent

Author Topic: Looking for prepress work in Atlanta  (Read 7757 times)

Offline Tim

Looking for prepress work in Atlanta
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
Our company closed its doors and now I am forced into the ranks of the unemployed. I've been a prepress operator for 15 years and would appreciate any leads you may have in the Atlanta area only. Thanks and good luck to the rest.

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
Re: Looking for prepress work in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:58:54 PM »

Our company closed its doors and now I am forced into the ranks of the unemployed. I've been a prepress operator for 15 years and would appreciate any leads you may have in the Atlanta area only. Thanks and good luck to the rest.

Dude... that sucks! I am very sorry to hear it. I am not even remotely close to Atlanta, but if I hear anything I will let you know. Have you tried Monster.com? I subscribe to their job listings and I have seen several in the Atlanta area over the past few months.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/jjj/

Search for "prepress", "printing", or "graphics"...something good may pop up
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »
I used to deal with a place out of Marietta, GA. called GAS (Graphic Arts Services). They had a huge contract with Hearst Publications doing a lot of their color scanning and layout for magazines such as Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, etc. Not sure if they are still there or not but that's all I've got. Good luck.

And sorry about the demise of where you were at. Not a good time right now in this business.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »
Good luck Tim, I'll keep an eye out for anything.
The blues is from a time when men were not supposed to cry. So they let the guitars cry for them.

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
I appreciate any and all leads. I'd have it made if I were a graphic designer or print sales. Thanks.

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »

I appreciate any and all leads. I'd have it made if I were a graphic designer or print sales. Thanks.

Thank God you're not, eh. You'll be fine, hang in there. We got your back Bro.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »

Offline Tim

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »

Thanks Tracy. They utilize the PrintWorkers job boards http://www.printworkers.com of which I have allready posted my resume.

Offline Chelle

• Ninja Member
  • Boys will be toys.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »

Definitely set up a search on Monster. My best friend lives in a suburb of Atlanta and when I was trying to convince my husband we should move down there I set one up for that area and would get pretty regular emails. Sorry to hear about your company/job. Good luck!
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
Sorry to hear dude I may be in the same boat first of the year, peeps got some good sites here though.

*bookmarked*