Recent

Author Topic: Pantone Orange 021 to CMYK  (Read 56647 times)

Offline almaink

• Profeebfilefixer
  • Ninja Member
  • Whacking and stacking since '76
Re: Pantone Orange 021 to CMYK
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
This is one of the many reasons why I always use the rips color library to separate PMS colors. That way no matter where they come from, they go on the press at the same values.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Offline Design4Print

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 12:41:18 AM »

Hello!
Maybe you can help me settle an argument before I start it. Maybe you can confuse me some more...
What is the CMYK equivalent of Pantone Orange 021 according to you?
RM

I depends on if its coated or uncoated because the break down will change with each. According to the Pantone Color Bridge PMS Books the color is:

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

I have come up with a CMYK conversion chart you might be interested in.
http://www.graphicdesign4print.com/Pantone/

for the 021 color you have to type in orange instead of 021 for some reason, I'm going to have to fix that.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 04:05:36 AM »

Hello!
Maybe you can help me settle an argument before I start it. Maybe you can confuse me some more...
RM

I depends on if its coated or uncoated because the break down will change with each. According to the Pantone Color Bridge PMS Books the color is:

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

for the 021 color you have to type in orange instead of 021 for some reason, I'm going to have to fix that.

Welcome to the forums. Nice conversion page and overall nice looking site you have.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline Captain_Type

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
You can register at

http://www.pantone.com/pages/MYP_myPantone/mypantone.aspx

and download the latest library at no cost.
Esko Automation Engine 16.0.2
ArtPro+ 16.0.2 - Neo 2.1.3
Javelin Imagesetter
Epson Stylus Pro 7900
ImpoProofer

Offline Design4Print

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »

Hello!
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

Welcome to the forums. Nice conversion page and overall nice looking site you have.

Thanks! :smiley:

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

Hello!
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

I'm curious - does this generate different results than getting color values in Photoshop? That's usually what I do.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 12:35:07 PM »

Hello!
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

I'm curious - does this generate different results than getting color values in Photoshop? That's usually what I do.

Good question so I tried it. The website for Orange 021 brings back M=45 Y=86 while Photoshop CS3 brings back M=68 Y=84 for uncoated stock.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
So which one is the Easy Button?  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
As a designer you know you have to pick the one that fits your mood that particular day. You have to feel it ya know. :tongue:

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
Yeah, I usually go with the one on my slave monitor because the colors "pop" more and evoke feelings of hunger and lust.

Offline Design4Print

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »

Hello!
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

Photoshop will give you a different formula, every program will give you a different formula, these numbers are from the Pantone Bridge PMS books. One of the reasons I developed this program is because Photoshop was not providing me accurate enough results and I needed to stay consistent and look up numbers quickly. Good Q!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »

Hello!
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

Photoshop will give you a different formula, every program will give you a different formula, these numbers are from the Pantone Bridge PMS books. One of the reasons I developed this program is because Photoshop was not providing me accurate enough results and I needed to stay consistent and look up numbers quickly. Good Q!

It sure would be nice though if all of these books and applications used the same numbers. :wink:

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

You can register at

http://www.pantone.com/pages/MYP_myPantone/mypantone.aspx

and download the latest library at no cost.

Where? I keep running into this page:

Offline Design4Print

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »

Hello!
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

It sure would be nice though if all of these books and applications used the same numbers. :wink:
No kidding! Its all a guessing game int he end. The other useful thing with this utility is when a customer gives you a file that is CMYK and they want to print in PMS and they don't know what color want. You can plug in these numbers and get some results that will get you in the ball park of picking out a PMS color. [/b][/font]

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 02:03:42 PM »

Stop talking such crazy talk! Dreamer.