Recent

Author Topic: Tabletop Scoring device  (Read 9918 times)

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
Re: Tabletop Scoring device
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »

Sounds like something you could make. Get one of those smooth plastic (or wood) cutting boards and cut a line into it. Corian would be a good material too. I like to play with saws.  :toaster:

We made ours from wood.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »
You can make a weather resistant one from marine starboard :cheesy:
http://www.kingstarboard.com/Products/Starboard.aspx
The blues is from a time when men were not supposed to cry. So they let the guitars cry for them.

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »
so after all this bullshit, theyve finally let me use the extra folder and put the scoring/perfing attachment on it.

one added benefit: we can stop sending out our forms for a 3.5" bottom perf and keep it in-house.. Seemed like a great benefit, 2 new in-house services at no cost. 

let me tell you, i cant believe the pushback im getting from my supervisor and co-workers. Its BANANAS! Its like they are all butt-hurt now because we now have to perf about 8 cases of paper a week..what the fuck is it with people whove been in thier position 20+ years that makes them resistant to change?

i dunno. i like it. i dont mind the 'extra work' as its keeping me employed. Im getting prepress wages to do bindery work a day a week and im happy with it. everyone else though, seems they would rather sit around and wait to get laid off..