Quark and Photoshop Gradient Banding....rrrrrr

Started by prepressDog, April 20, 2009, 03:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

anyone have a cool trick/tip...
printing to konica bizhub 6500 digital color...creo rip.
messed with all the reg stuff...
It just seems as a photoshop issue of how it was build. all i have is pdf...need quick answer if anyone is up yet....thanks.

looking for a way to edit in photoshop...it is a light yellow pink background...noise or blur? getting a rainbow banding/steps at edge of blend....just seems like a bad photoshop build. wish i had tiff and did blend in indy...

beermonster

add noise to break up - get image out of pdf into photoshop - then u have options

either edit image and replace into pdf

or

do new image, drop pdf into indy, add new image, pdf out

as for the image - maybe a small blur as well as noise, and using my second method of pdf into indy etc allows you to create the image as you know it works for you
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

One other option to beermonsters if you have Pitstop. Create the gradient however you choose and save as tiff image. Open the tiff image in Acrobat, yes acrobat will open tiff images. Select with Pitstop tool, copy, go back to original PDF and select bad gradient with Pitstop and under the edit menu choose "Enfocus Replace". It will replace the bad gradient with the good gradient.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Contrast

Hardware wise: have you calibrated the RIP lately? You can also try turning spot color printing off in Finishing under print options.

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

prepressDog

thanks all...i got it.
glad it was digital...just lighten and messed with things in the rip...took about an hour.

The issue was it was a knockout image with a gradient....not an easy fix....w/o native files.
if they would of saved as tiff pulled into indy woulda been better...
Photoshop just seems to suck at gradients...too choppy...need to dither somehow.

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

I'm about to go all ninja style on you, PB.  :ninja: :ninja2:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on April 24, 2009, 11:26:42 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 24, 2009, 07:58:16 AM
Quote from: gnubler on April 23, 2009, 03:15:34 PMI'm about to go all ninja style on you, PB.  :ninja: :ninja2:

ninja massa say what?

Me + you, behind Wendy's, 3:10pm.

:shocked:  ::gulp::    GOOD! I need to refill this sweet tea.