Recent

Author Topic: Artpro PPC support  (Read 1702 times)

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
Artpro PPC support
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
Does the latest version still support the PPC or is it intel only. If it is intel only what was the last version that supported the PPC?

I seem to remember reading they were dropping support for the PPC but due to declining brain cell activity can't remember what/when.

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Artpro PPC support
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
If they have a download for PPC or Universal they still support PPC. If all they have is an Intel version then they don't.
Mac OS 10.14.3 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline EmptyWords

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
They still support the PPC chip (for how long, who knows), that is what we are currently running our ArtPro/PowerStepper on. The only thing they do not have anymore are separate versions for both. Now they only have a universal version for all the Artworks software.
EskoArtwork Odystar 4.1.1    Nexus 10.1.4    Neo 10.1.4
ArtPro/PowerStepper/PowerLayout 10.1.2
Hyphen Impoproof 8400   Oris ColorTuner/Epson 7900   Sherpa 24M   Presstek Agfa Avalon  Xerox iGens

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »
Thanks was hoping they were intel only now so we could tell 'em we need new macs :cry:

On a related note I just set up a workflow in nexus that deletes 2 layers and then pastes on another artpro file saving me from doing it manually to 43 items. It's my first really customized workflow I'm geeked!

wooooooooooooooooo!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:03:15 PM by G_Town »