Recent

Author Topic: edit image  (Read 7986 times)

Offline beermonster

• since my op i now have a
  • Ninja Member
  • real pussies shoot
Re: edit image
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 03:14:07 AM »
hey thanks guys n gals - appreciate the efforts - i'm gonna have a piss around with the export images - see if that works - otherwise i'm gonna try re-pdf out of indesign - for the sake of it, and then i may email adobe with a few fcuks and after that the pub should be open

anyone care to join me?
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Offline beermonster

• Ninja Member
  • real pussies shoot
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 03:19:18 AM »
joe gave me an idea - down res by 1 dpi - gonna try that in pdf optimizer....

Offline beermonster

• Ninja Member
  • real pussies shoot
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 03:31:11 AM »
neh didnt work - tried by finding res of image, setting optimizer to downsample by a few dpi and tried with both 6 and 7 acro compatibility - saved new file out

tried to open image in photoshop - same issue

ahh now the question of "ignore that colour" - NO problem except we are not printing it - i have already said i'll release the file if the folks printing it are told in no uncertain terms to NOT use the yellow

of course - if the muppets gave me originating files for the whole lot it would be easier - but this damm image is part of a pdf placed into this photo wallet layout - then pdf'd out again - what fun

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 03:34:09 AM »

Damn, missed all the fun. Asleep DownUnder.       :sleepy:     Good thread though.    :cheesy:

Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Offline beermonster

• Ninja Member
  • real pussies shoot
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 03:36:20 AM »
and my post whoring goes on....

the tip about changing colur in properties works - BUT it gets converted to cmyk - so gonna explore that a little but at least i could open it - so i guess i can re-create my spots with the copy paste to new spot chanel trickeroo, and resave out as psd, THEN reimport over top or try to get back into pdf

what a load of crap adobe - stop screwing with stuff - leave that shit to quack

Offline Aaron

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »
What about printing a .ps file out in seperations? Just a thought. But I don't think acrobat gives you that option does it?
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 09:18:39 AM »
Hey Beer, what about remapping the spot colors in the file to Process colors using Convert Colors, then exporting the images as CMYK? At least the channel data would still be intact. For example... PMS 185 to Magenta, PMS 202 to Cyan.... Then remap them back in Photoshop with Spot Channels.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »

neh didnt work - tried by finding res of image, setting optimizer to downsample by a few dpi and tried with both 6 and 7 acro compatibility - saved new file out

tried to open image in photoshop - same issue

ahh now the question of "ignore that colour" - NO problem except we are not printing it - i have already said i'll release the file if the folks printing it are told in no uncertain terms to NOT use the yellow

of course - if the muppets gave me originating files for the whole lot it would be easier - but this damm image is part of a pdf placed into this photo wallet layout - then pdf'd out again - what fun

Yeah, that won't work if it still has spots in it. The spot color is what is keeping Photoshop from opening it.
Mac OS 10.14.3 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline beermonster

• Ninja Member
  • real pussies shoot
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 03:43:16 AM »
there is that option dcs mate yeah - the image itself is masked and sits on a drop shadow - nuthin i cant recreate tho :wink:

we're opting for the "do not print the yellow" option - even if they did it will only make the piccy look a little better anyway - its a pic of some people - all them there flesh tones outta pms - looks crap anyhoo

thanks again folkies