News:

Main Menu

Quark Love

Started by jezza, October 12, 2007, 09:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

Joe

QuoteMarkzware's ID2Q for converting InDesign files (including the new CS3 format) to QuarkXPress 7 projects

Also known as "How to screw up a perfectly good file in one easy step"! ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: jezza on October 12, 2007, 09:32:45 AMhttp://www.lovequarkxpress7.com/

That is effin' weird. Almost perverse looking. I'm sure the designers who had to put that together had plenty of jokes going on.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: gnubler on October 12, 2007, 09:42:36 AM
Quote from: jezza on October 12, 2007, 09:32:45 AMhttp://www.lovequarkxpress7.com/

That is effin' weird. Almost perverse looking. I'm sure the designers who had to put that together had plenty of jokes going on.

That's unbelievably effin weird. Very strange.... almost like joke pages.

almaink

IMO until Quark wakes up and adds support for importing and exporting transparent PDF's, they are beating a dead horse.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

jezza

Quote from: almaink on October 12, 2007, 11:26:04 AMIMO until Quark wakes up and adds support for importing and exporting transparent PDF's, they are beating a dead horse.

Someone must've told them that... I'll post the Quark 'Swan Song' as soon as it happens. Only a matter of time now
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

So, what about a lobby campaign to get Adobe to supply FREE Q2ID?! Who's gonna fire off the first email? Tit for tat, I reckon.
Also, anyone thinking of attending any Quark LoveIn needs to be made aware of the need to wear "protection". ;D
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

almaink

Indy can already open Quark files without Q2ID. Version 4 only but it can and Quark can't open any version of Indy without a plugin.
Indy now has a plugin to import PDF's as native so that may be a better option anyway.
The demo has limits but it worth a download and try.
http://recosoft.com/products/pdf2id/index.htm
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

David

QuoteTell us what you love about QuarkXPress 7?:
    * What are your favourite features and why?
    * What's the most interesting or fun project you've done in QuarkXPress?
    * Who's your favourite designer and why?
    * How long have you been using QuarkXPress?

QuotePlease enclose some examples of your work created with QuarkXPress 7(Max size: 2MB)

Explain to me how you could get your 300mb Quark file down to 2mb?

must be all the love that makes it so ...  big.

???
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

xot

Brings back memories of the Quark 6.5 postcards, that's for sure...