Combine or split files

Started by Laurens, July 20, 2009, 02:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurens

I was updating my page on merging and splitting PDF files and wonder what everyone else uses.
I use Acrobat to merge files or do it using the Apogee Prepress workflow. A nice way of splitting files with full control over naming conventions would be nice though. When splitting files I'd like control over the name of the new file and the file name should includes the folio with a fixed number of digits (e.g. myfile_001.pdf instead of just myfile_1.pdf). Acrobat doesn't offer this in the Split files option.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

Joe

Acrobat for merging but I rarely split them so the naming hasn't been an issue. Have you looked at the Acrobat batch function and see if there are any naming options in there if you use it?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I also merge files using Acrobat...a tip which I learned right here on B4print!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mattbeals

Apago PDF Enhancer can split and merge. A new version, 3.5, is coming out soon. A big release with some really nice features.

Callas pdfToolbox Server can split pages in a PDF.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

almaink

A cheap way, place PDF(s) in Indesign, and re export what U need to back to PDF.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Dramatictimes

I prefer to this PDF Merge and Split as it is easy-to-use and with powerful features. I recommended it to my friends they are all like it.You can have a free trial and hope you like it.

Carol D

Are there any free ways?

I had found a free tool that can merge and split PDFfiles, and it can do some simple text edit, but have forgot the software name.

Dramatictimes

Quote from: Carol D on August 18, 2009, 07:25:40 PMAre there any free ways?

I had found a free tool that can merge and split PDFfiles, and it can do some simple text edit, but have forgot the software name.

I know the free nice tool you mentioned. It is PDF-XCHANGE VIEWER,right? It can merge and split files and do some simple edit just like add notes.
download site: http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer

Joe

Quote from: Dramatictimes on August 28, 2009, 12:57:02 AM
Quote from: Carol D on August 18, 2009, 07:25:40 PMAre there any free ways?

I know the free nice tool you mentioned. It is PDF-XCHANGE VIEWER,right? It can merge and split files and do some simple edit just like add notes.
download site: http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer

That's very helpful of you to help Carol D out like that but since you are both posting from the same IP address how about you just walk across the room and tell her. Or look in the mirror and tell yourself.

I'll warn you right now that creating duplicate accounts is a quick way to hit the exit door around here.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

gnubler

SERVED!

My squirrely nose detected an invasion from post #1.  :ninja:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ratintrap

You're a wise squirrel. :squirrel1: :wink:

gnubler

tapdn

tis a wise squirrel that knows how to hide their nuts.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb