Recent

Author Topic: 2nd interview - oh boy.  (Read 15502 times)

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
2nd interview - oh boy.
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:47:49 AM »
Well, after looking on and off for over a year for another prepress job I am being called back for a 2nd interview at a place that might be suitable for me. Having mixed feelings about my current job as some days it is pretty ok, and other days I wonder why I even took it on.

Money talks I guess, if everything else is right and it puts me back to the wage I was accustomed to when I took on a hefty mortgage then maybe it is time for a change.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
Re: 2nd interview - oh boy.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »
Best of luck to ya!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Offline determined

• There goes my
  • Good enough is NOT an option....
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »
yeah, good luck....hope everything works out for you
Murphy must have been in printing....

Offline tapdn

• Ninja Master
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »
Best of luck to you tp... these things do tend to work out the way they should.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »

Best of luck to you tp... these things do tend to work out the way they should.

Thanks everyone for the luck !
vdp donkey

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:41:04 PM »
Great to hear. Hope it works out.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »
Hmm, meeting with my boss today was weird. He's now talking about sinking resources into this division and doubling or quadrupling sales, which he said means possible 6 figure salary for me.

Smoke is getting in my eyes from being blown up my a$$
vdp donkey

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 04:46:29 PM »
Maybe 6 figures means 0000.00 or maybe he just wants you to work 20 hours a day 365 days a year?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »

Maybe 6 figures means 0000.00 or maybe he just wants you to work 20 hours a day 365 days a year?

Yeah lol.
I'm salary here and it's a seasonal business so it'd be difficult to find something to do that many hours a day. I have a hard time finding 8 hours of work to do off season sometimes. That will change though if I'm still here come January when our season starts up again.
vdp donkey

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »

Sounds like you'll suss things OK. Whatever environment you end up in, there's a shed-load of experience here if you get in a jam. (Myself excluded from that group of folks... :laugh:).

Good luck in your decision. Carrots being dangled, by the sounds... :undecided:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »

Sounds like you'll suss things OK. Whatever environment you end up in, there's a shed-load of experience here if you get in a jam. (Myself excluded from that group of folks... :laugh:).

I hope I can add to the experience as well as glean from it here. Sure are a bunch of smart folks here.

Yeah, the carrot thing. I really wonder where it's coming from. Just had my annual review, which was good, but did not include anything I could take to the bank (company wide freeze on increases, yadda yadda b.s.)

It's a lot to think about, bottom line is that I don't have a passion for this business, and there's one person here that I really cannot stand, I'm supposed to play nice with her, and this big future is hanging off her efforts as head of marketing. I don't have confidence in her abilities to do this, and I don't have confidence that she'd be replaced if she didn't perform as expected.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 05:56:24 PM by tpatterson »
vdp donkey

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

I hope I can add to the experience as well as glean from it here. Sure are a bunch of smart folks here.

Yeah, the carrot thing. I really wonder where it's coming from. Just had my annual review, which was good, but did not include anything I could take to the bank (company wide freeze on increases, yadda yadda b.s.)

It's a lot to think about, bottom line is that I don't have a passion for this business, and there's one person here that I really cannot stand, I'm supposed to play nice with her, and this big future is hanging off her efforts as head of marketing. I don't have confidence in her abilities to do this, and I don't have confidence that she'd be replaced if she didn't perform as expected.

Blood-Sausage?
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 06:07:45 PM »

Gut-level feeling is the way to go, prolly. Too many unknowns.  The inner game of prepress... :rolleyes:  And sounds like your gut-level is not likin' where you are.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:08:42 PM by frailer »
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »

Blood-Sausage?

Anyone who claims not to have 1, or 2, or...  is bullshitting.    :laugh:

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »

Blood-Sausage?

Anyone who claims not to have 1, or 2, or...  is bullshitting.    :laugh:

Amen.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction