Recent

Author Topic: 2nd interview - oh boy.  (Read 15501 times)

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
Re: 2nd interview - oh boy.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

Blood-Sausage?

Anyone who claims not to have 1, or 2, or...  is bullshitting.    :laugh:

Or they ARE the blood sausage.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Offline Adriano

• Gave up booze since 01/01/09
    • I work here
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »
Must be the fear of loosing good workers
I was called to the board room yesterday and offered a pay rise (not much) as recognition to my good work
"You deserve more blah blah, .........recession blah blah.............work increased but cost to the bone, blah blah.......thank you!"
I must say that it felt good
Good luck tpatterson
I must admit that I wouldn't bother to look for a different place doing the same job, not even for money
Better the devil you know................
Still not drinking. Never been better

Offline Chelle

• Ninja Member
  • Boys will be toys.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »
Good luck, t!
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

I must admit that I wouldn't bother to look for a different place doing the same job, not even for money
Better the devil you know................

QFT - and this is why I'm not out the door already - I like the people I work FOR, and a lot of people in this company really make it worth doing - however -
I'm not currently doing prepress, it's a management gig I currently do in a division of the company totally unrelated to printing - I have no passion for this business, I do for printing, strange and stupid as that sounds. I understand it a lot better than this business, or at least I think I do. After 10+ years in print shops I would hope I knew my way around better than something I've done for 1 year.

I used to do prepress for this company, and have been exiled to the island of forgotten toys after being canned (for helping a csr understand exactly why I wouldn't touch his self-made nightmare) and rehired 6 mo later in this job.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 02:04:45 PM »

Blood-Sausage?

oh biiiiig time - even better - "Untouchable Blood Sausage" - the kind that must have something else going on that prevents them from being canned, because if it was you, you'd be long gone.
vdp donkey

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
I had one once, untouchable... he's gone now. :evil:

It took me three years of relentless bitching, but when Management finally realized I was on the level, it was a matter of hours.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »

Mine shot itself in the foot. I still smile from time to time....    :cheesy:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 02:58:06 PM »

I had one once, untouchable... he's gone now. :evil:

It took me three years of relentless bitching, but when Management finally realized I was on the level, it was a matter of hours.

The prepress blood sausage I had is still there, sitting in my old chair, collecting my paycheck. Still useless, blind (literally can't see the damn screen) and can't follow the simplest of policies or procedures... I nearly killed him when I caught him opening my pdfs in Illy - when there were already native indesign files all complete and pretty just sitting there. That's a management issue - he's not untouchable, just comfortable. And he does whatever idiotic thing a csr asks him to do, regardless of whether it is right, wrong, or suicidal.

This current one however has a "hold" on someone and is nearly untouchable, short of having the same last name as the owners. I'm not sure to what extent it goes but I have a pretty good idea.
vdp donkey

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »
Yikes. We got a few of them too. I don't like shit like that, and nepotism should be illegal.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 03:04:36 PM »

Yikes. We got a few of them too. I don't like shit like that, and nepotism should be illegal.

Hilarious, this one actually complained about nepotism when I hired a bindery person's son to work for us.
vdp donkey

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
We have many family members who don't work here but receive a pay check every week. How eff'ed up is that? But like I always say, as long as I get a pay check, they can do whatever they want with their money.  :death:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »

We have many family members who don't work here but receive a pay check every week. How eff'ed up is that? But like I always say, as long as I get a pay check, they can do whatever they want with their money.  :death:

This one's not a family member - that I can live with, you take care of family. There's something else going on.
vdp donkey

Offline Rabid

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
We have a CSR like that. Completely incompetent, she has something on somebody.

Offline tapdn

• Ninja Master
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »
got a purdy mouth
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 04:46:56 PM »
vdp donkey