NEXML not working correctly

Started by Joe, October 31, 2007, 12:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

One workflow. Multiple hotfolders using differing XML files. When I run a job through some of the settings in the NEXML file are not being used like the LPI setting. It's using the value in the workflow. I thought that was the purpose of the NEXML files was to be able to change the workflow on the fly? Doesn't do much good when Nexus ignores some but not all of the settings. Any ideas on the problem?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

whoami

Double click on your workflow in the workflows tab in Nexus Manager then double click on the very first module of that workflow.  The module should be named "workflow".  This should bring up all the properties for that workflow.  Make sure that "Disable PPD Locks" is clicked on.  Then try to run a job again and see if it respects the Nexml prefs.   Try that if that doesn't work I wouldn't mind troubleshooting your workflow/xml file over here at our shop. 

Joe

Thanks for the tip.

I got another suggestion on another forum to make sure the locks were all unlocked. I'll try it tomorrow evening. I'm guessing that very well could be the problem.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.