Recent

Author Topic: Always looking...part time Toronto Canada  (Read 17894 times)

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
Re: Always looking...part time Toronto Canada
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »

Hey Matt, I would sure have a beer with you if I had of known, you're like a legend man!

A legend in his own mind, I mean time.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline mattbeals

• Just a dude
    • Matt Beals
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
I might be back in Mississauga or Toronto proper before too much longer. If I am we'll have to meet up.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Offline pspdfppdfxhd

• Ninja Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
Cool, maybe you can autograph my Preps dongle for me  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 04:33:18 PM »
If I go to Edmonds, will you autograph my shotgun? You can write "Postscript is dead" or whatever you like on it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 04:37:32 PM »
Silly girl... postscript ain't dead. Even if I didn't use it EVERY single day, it is still a viable troubleshooting option. If it were dead, it wouldn't be used at all, by anyone. (Period.)

Of course my definition of dead, and your definition of dead are probably different, right?
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »

Silly girl... postscript ain't dead. Even if I didn't use it EVERY single day, it is still a viable troubleshooting option. If it were dead, it wouldn't be used at all, by anyone. (Period.)

Tell that to Mr. Beals!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »
PS ain't dead until Adobe can't squeeze any more cash out of it. :evil:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline Chelle

• Ninja Member
  • Boys will be toys.
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »
We have switched to Prinergy and STILL used postscript in some cases.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »
FWIW, I create PDFs in Distiller every week - just today, in fact. I haven't found a better way to get the smallest PDF possible. All depends what your goal and/or problem is.

Offline Chelle

• Ninja Member
  • Boys will be toys.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »
I do too - hell... Every damn day. But I've had a couple things that I've created in Illy that the effects don't process correctly for some reason in Prinergy as a pdf, but they do as a PS. And Prinergy processes files so fast, it would take longer to turn the PS files to pdf's than to just process the PS files. Ahh... Prinergy.

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »

I do too - hell... Every damn day. But I've had a couple things that I've created in Illy that the effects don't process correctly for some reason in Prinergy as a pdf, but they do as a PS. And Prinergy processes files so fast, it would take longer to turn the PS files to pdf's than to just process the PS files. Ahh... Prinergy.

Use what works for you is my motto, that and always blame it on the dog. If someone is overly persistent for you to change then they are usually trying to sell you something IMHO.

Offline Chelle

• Ninja Member
  • Boys will be toys.
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »

Use what works for you is my motto, that and always blame it on the dog. If someone is overly persistent for you to change then they are usually trying to sell you something IMHO.

Only thing is they don't let me bring the dog to work. This is when we blame the "designer". :laugh:

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 12:26:56 PM »

Only thing is they don't let me bring the dog to work. This is when we blame the "designer". :laugh:

Dog/Designer same diff except you can train a dog not to shit on a job.

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Head Ninja In Corporate America (Tha HNICA)
  • Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »

Dog/Designer same diff except you can train a dog not to shit on a job.

OH BUUUUUURRRN!!  :laugh: 
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Offline tapdn

• Ninja Master
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 01:41:41 PM »
Good one G  :laugh:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb