News:

Main Menu

flakiness_Crop Media Box

Started by frailer, October 30, 2007, 02:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Anyone having any trouble getting the values to "take" in the fields? Had to unmount/quit/restart everything to try and get it to work. Hitting enter...just bounced back to previous values. Am I looking at a preferences dump? V 7.2.~Acro7.~10.4[latest].
Couldn't get the new Media box values to pick up. Terminally irritating; seeing as it's one helluva useful tool...specially when a plate's failed on output cos the Box is 2mm o/size for the device. Won't go on any further. If it keeps happening, may email Enfocus support. ::)
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Sorry, forgot to add, DID finally work, 10 mins down the track; but this is not the first time...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Are you talking about the Acrobat crop tool or Pitstops crop tool? Sorry I haven't seen this with either one but I haven't messed with the Pitstop crop tool much.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Sorry, Joe. PitStop Crop Tool. Have always assumed that the PSP one is the only one that actually removes all the outside info to give you a true revised Media Box. Maybe Acro 8 Crop Tool now does this? Shall post small screenshot of dialogue problem area today.

Lucius

no idea. i dont think that acro can shrink page sizes. i think you can only go bigger with its crop tool.

frailer

Yeah, shall investigate later about what 8 can do. Tend to use 7 mostly, still. Flakiness takes the form of 3/4 times around the Crop Dialogue Box fields, then it usually takes the figure being entered. Not terminal, just irritating. Shall hit Enfocus with a tech query "real soon now', as they used to say at IBM, [according to folklore].

frailer

Same old again today. Really p'ing me off. wanted to INcrease the Media Box size to proof something, but needed to add Media all round. Instaed had to Place in Indy, and re-export. Waste of time! >:(
have emailed Enfocus [whinge central]. Shall post reply/hoped-for-fix. They're usually pretty good at responding.