xx
Stapling on the Fiery CWS?
by Joe
November 02, 2018, 02:36:22 PM

xx
Acrobat excessive RAM usage
by Joe
November 01, 2018, 06:02:04 PM

Topic: NEXML not working correctly (Read 1476 times) previous topic - next topic

NEXML not working correctly

One workflow. Multiple hotfolders using differing XML files. When I run a job through some of the settings in the NEXML file are not being used like the LPI setting. It's using the value in the workflow. I thought that was the purpose of the NEXML files was to be able to change the workflow on the fly? Doesn't do much good when Nexus ignores some but not all of the settings. Any ideas on the problem?
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Re: NEXML not working correctly

Reply #1
Double click on your workflow in the workflows tab in Nexus Manager then double click on the very first module of that workflow.  The module should be named "workflow".  This should bring up all the properties for that workflow.  Make sure that "Disable PPD Locks" is clicked on.  Then try to run a job again and see if it respects the Nexml prefs.   Try that if that doesn't work I wouldn't mind troubleshooting your workflow/xml file over here at our shop. 

Re: NEXML not working correctly

Reply #2
Thanks for the tip.

I got another suggestion on another forum to make sure the locks were all unlocked. I'll try it tomorrow evening. I'm guessing that very well could be the problem.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.