News:

Main Menu

Rampage Remote users?

Started by kermit, September 10, 2007, 02:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

I don't have it but I heard that many people like it. What do you say?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

kermit

no one here spent 16K to get Remote?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

almaink

16K is way to much $ to pay for something you can do for free, with email and a PDF IMO.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

kermit

Quote from: almaink on September 25, 2007, 06:45:31 AM16K is way to much $ to pay for something you can do for free, with email and a PDF IMO.
I agree. Do you want to watch the demo? Rampage will have a webinar on Thr 10AM and Fri 4PM EST. I can send you link and password if you did not get email from them.

almaink

Thanks but I got the email. Don't know if I'll have time to do it tho. Real busy here this week.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

kermit

Quote from: almaink on September 25, 2007, 02:30:10 PMThanks but I got the email. Don't know if I'll have time to do it tho. Real busy here this week.
Make time. I will be there.

almaink

LOL if you look like your Avatar, I'll make time! :o
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

kermit

ScreenDemon

we recently got remote and and have been messing around with it. It is a neat idea.
But I agree with you when you say just email a pdf.
Once we get set up with some of our customers I let you know.

I do like using Pathways to do all the jobs through.
John Davis
Prepress
Multiscope Digital
Pittsburgh, PA

johnny_jay

We went with Dalim Dialogue instead. I believe it was cheaper and worked better when we looked at both. It has been working great for us so far. The only complaint we have had is that the user cannot download a multi page PDF of the page, only single pages.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

kermit

How is your color match on screen to proof?

I have seen the results from the IPA 2007 and according to them Dalim was the worst. In a class of it's own.
Quote from: johnny_jay on March 13, 2008, 07:22:20 AMWe went with Dalim Dialogue instead. I believe it was cheaper and worked better when we looked at both. It has been working great for us so far. The only complaint we have had is that the user cannot download a multi page PDF of the page, only single pages.

kermit

Do you let the customers drop and rip their own files with Rampage Remote?

johnny_jay

Sorry for my delay, I have been out sick.

In our test's we thought the color match was good. We will be diving into it more closely in the coming months. We have purchased a new press with closed loop color and plan on only sending soft proofs to press

We don't currently use Rampage Remote. We looked at the possibilities of doing such with some JDF impos but right now most of our work varies so much that the jdf wasn't worth the effort. We also like to roam pages before they are proofed out.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert