2 days of Preps 6.1 training

Started by t-pat, November 19, 2010, 10:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on March 22, 2011, 11:18:36 AMI've not had any preps 6 training of any kind and I don't recommend anyone going down that road.
You haven't used it, you've had no training, but you don't recommend it anyway? :wtf:

Still using it here, and loving it. Has some quirks but mostly part of the learning curve. Haven't blown any jobs due to using it, really either. Just operator errors :)
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on March 22, 2011, 04:55:22 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 22, 2011, 11:18:36 AMI've not had any preps 6 training of any kind and I don't recommend anyone going down that road.
You haven't used it, you've had no training, but you don't recommend it anyway? :wtf:

Still using it here, and loving it. Has some quirks but mostly part of the learning curve. Haven't blown any jobs due to using it, really either. Just operator errors :)

No, I meant I don't recommend trying to use it without any training.

Edited to add: I have used it and it's not easy in the transition from 5 to 6 without knowing the ins and outs of it so that's why I don't recommend it without some type of training. I wish I had gotten some training.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Just a minor misunderstanding. :wink:

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on March 22, 2011, 05:31:30 PMJust a minor misunderstanding. :wink:

yeah that almost never happens....

:)

Don't recommend any preps 6 without some sort of training either. Nope.

I do have the training DVD however and could post it somewhere for download if anyone wants self-training.
vdp donkey

Stiv

Joe

Farabomb

I have FTP space if you need it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: Farabomb on April 01, 2011, 10:12:49 AMI have FTP space if you need it.

pm me with the info and I'll upload the .dmg of Preps 6 Webex Training.
vdp donkey

t-pat

vdp donkey

BEL

When do you think that the .dmg will be available.

Joe

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on April 05, 2011, 07:37:55 PMPreps 6.1.1 was released today.

hoping for some bugfixes. It's got some strangeness sometimes, particularly with it not displaying the correct press run (form) selected in the press runs pane.
vdp donkey

t-pat

Kodak actually wrote that script I asked for and gave it to me, it so far is not working on mac (probably user error or something with my mac) but worked flawlessly on windows. It's a little rough as in no front end for it and you have to manually edit a line or 2 in the actual script for each template you convert.

What it does:

Takes 1 preps .tpl file with multiple signatures and splits it into multiple .tpl files named what the signatures inside the original .tpl file are called.

Why:

Because Preps 6 does not allow you to edit a multi-signature .tpl file, it assumes that you will do all this by assembly in preps 6. You can make, modify, and save traditional templates in preps 6 as long as there's only one signature in the file, so if your workflow in the past consisted of saving multiple sigs in one tpl you can go forward with saving your templates in your library this way, just make folders named what your old .tpl files were called and pretend.

They asked me not to share it and I won't for a while until I've ran it on our library of envelope conversion templates.
vdp donkey

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on April 29, 2011, 09:03:44 AMKodak actually wrote that script I asked for and gave it to me, it so far is not working on mac (probably user error or something with my mac) but worked flawlessly on windows. It's a little rough as in no front end for it and you have to manually edit a line or 2 in the actual script for each template you convert.

What it does:

Takes 1 preps .tpl file with multiple signatures and splits it into multiple .tpl files named what the signatures inside the original .tpl file are called.

Why:

Because Preps 6 does not allow you to edit a multi-signature .tpl file, it assumes that you will do all this by assembly in preps 6. You can make, modify, and save traditional templates in preps 6 as long as there's only one signature in the file, so if your workflow in the past consisted of saving multiple sigs in one tpl you can go forward with saving your templates in your library this way, just make folders named what your old .tpl files were called and pretend.

They asked me not to share it and I won't for a while until I've ran it on our library of envelope conversion templates.

Not sure I fully understand. I can see and edit all of my signatures in a .tpl file in Preps 6.1.1 I think. I'll try it later this evening.