Recent

Author Topic: Cheap, dedicated DVD player, into Mac>USB  (Read 1672 times)

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
Cheap, dedicated DVD player, into Mac>USB
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:03:30 AM »
Pushed an instruction DVD into the Mini, (wanting to improve my fingerstyle pickin'); Mini kinda half-choked on it, trying to read/buffer, I guess.
What sort of DVD player, (can be relatively LoQual), is there that will work via USB into the Mini, so I can just watch it on the display?... (not TV).
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Cheap, dedicated DVD player, into Mac>USB
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »
Any old USB external DVD drive should work. Are you sure there is a problem with the drive in the mini or could it be the disk?
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
Re: Cheap, dedicated DVD player, into Mac>USB
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »
I'll try some other DVDs. Could be that.   :undecided:
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~