Holographic Printing

Started by David, September 06, 2011, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Quote from: david on September 07, 2011, 11:11:15 AMoh crap, what line screen?

and, tell me anything else I forgot to ask, please      :embarrassed:

:laugh:

Usually 150,  like Andy said very similar to printing on met poly. You'll have your whites UV inks etc...

Really the most complex part is what the paper manufacturer does, you just slop ink on it.

David

so, is this the hologram that looks 3d when done or just a flat image on shiny paper.  ohh, it's shiny!

some people (not us) confuse lenticular 3D with holograms. Lentic has to be interleaved, even just for 3D, but you have the additional options to set your layers for depth.

So, this is just your average job, nothing special with layering, output and slapped on shiny expensive plastic laminate, right?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on September 07, 2011, 11:53:39 AMso, is this the hologram that looks 3d when done or just a flat image on shiny paper.  ohh, it's shiny!

some people (not us) confuse lenticular 3D with holograms. Lentic has to be interleaved, even just for 3D, but you have the additional options to set your layers for depth.

So, this is just your average job, nothing special with layering, output and slapped on shiny expensive plastic laminate, right?

Nope not lenticular, I've done a bit at my old shop. Looking at my blue hawaii poster as we speak.

and yes the paper looks 3d not just shiny, has depth and you can get it in some cool patterns.

This has more of a deep mirror pattern but I can find another one.

David

cool, nice work... but did you notice that it's backwords?...   hahaha (why do the webcams do that?)

we just did a piece on some of that "bubble" 3d plastic, looks almost like real 3d.

thanks G, mucho apreciato
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Here's another, it centers on the star and as you move the carton the rings move and expand.

David

very cool, thanks G!

can you do me another shot, but this time with a pretty girl in the background.
I mean you're cute an' all, but...

JK

thanks for the help!
you're rockin' the casbah too!
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on September 07, 2011, 02:54:04 PMvery cool, thanks G!

can you do me another shot, but this time with a pretty girl in the background.
I mean you're cute an' all, but...

JK

thanks for the help!
you're rockin' the casbah too!

Sorry I'm the hottest thing here, go from working with a bunch of hotties to a bunch of ornery old men.

:puke2:

David

story of my life...    :laugh: :tapedshut:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

sheesh, I want to do holographic printing [whiny emoticon]

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on September 07, 2011, 02:58:44 PMI'm the hottest thing here

We already knew that. You don't have to brag about it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david