Author Topic: Epson 9880  (Read 1566 times)

Offline whoami

• It's not working...I'm going home
Epson 9880
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:59:39 AM »
Is anyone using an Epson 9880 through Nexus?  I was wondering if Nexus was able to drive it at all.  I see that it has a driver for a 9800 but i'm not sure what the deal is with the 9880.  Thanks

Offline whoami

• It's not working...I'm going home
Re: Epson 9880
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
ok we are driving the Epson 9880 but we have one problem.  When we print a small proof the printhead travels all the way across the printer instead of staying on top of the image area.  This adds a lot of time to the printing process so is there a way to prevent the head from traveling all the way across the printer and stay in the image area? 

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Epson 9880
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
I'm not driving any proofers with Nexus so this may not be helpful but...what size of spool file is Nexus generating. If it's creating a file the same width as the paper then I think it would do it. If it's just generating a spool file the same size as your image then I'm not sure why it woould do this. Have you talked to support about it?
Mac OS 10.14.3 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.