Recent

Author Topic: What do you furnish your pressman ??  (Read 9347 times)

Offline Ear

• Fiya wata
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Nice Marmot, Man
Re: What do you furnish your pressman ??
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
 :laugh: "Taking a smoke break, see you this afternoon"
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »

Smoking? Around here, and in Cali, there is a smoking ban in all buildings, including bars and work vehicles and smoking is prohibited within 10 feet of any door of any business. Also no smoking on the campus property of any public school or hospital, even outside. I think people are still allowed to smoke in their own house tho.  :rolleyes:

Well, chalk up one good reason for leaving.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »

people from Illinois go to Indiana to smoke.

Here in downstate, the "no smoking in bars" lasted for about 3 months. Although the law is still in effect no one down here pays any attention to it and if you go into a bar around here you will see people smoking.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline andyfest

• Know your role and shut your hole...
  • Ninja Member
  • 100% Canucklehead
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
Once you get used to it it's actually nice to have a meal out without having the smoke drifting around. Not sure what Vegas is like now, but it was really different coming from here and going to places where people smoked everywhere. In long-ago days I remember when all-inclusives would leave trays of fresh cigarettes everywhere for your enjoyment. Mmmm...makes me want a ciggy again...
Sweet FA right now.

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »

Smoking? Around here, and in Cali, there is a smoking ban in all buildings, including bars and work vehicles and smoking is prohibited within 10 feet of any door of any business. Also no smoking on the campus property of any public school or hospital, even outside. I think people are still allowed to smoke in their own house tho.  :rolleyes:

Actually, in Cali I think the rule is 50 feet... but then all businesses put the ash can right by the door, so you get to walk through a cloud of smoke when shopping.
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 01:14:03 PM »
Last time I was in Indiana, I actually got to smoke in a Big Boy restaurant. It was GLORIOUS. Highlight of my life. I prefer to smoke and eat simultaneously.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline andyfest

• Ninja Member
  • 100% Canucklehead
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »

Last time I was in Indiana, I actually got to smoke in a Big Boy restaurant. It was GLORIOUS. Highlight of my life. I prefer to smoke and eat simultaneously.
Not me - I lived for the post-meal smoke & coffee. It's been 14 years this year tho'. When I quit I could hardly take the trash out to the curb without running out of breath.
Sweet FA right now.

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »
I remember the days of smoking on an airline flight. Once the "Smoking" light came on the cabin got fogged in a hurry. :laugh:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »

Not me - I lived for the post-meal smoke & coffee. It's been 14 years this year tho'. When I quit I could hardly take the trash out to the curb without running out of breath.

Same here. June 15, 1998 2:15 pm.

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »

I remember the days of smoking on an airline flight. Once the "Smoking" light came on the cabin got fogged in a hurry. :laugh:

I remember that, and the Southwest Airlines stewardesses with hot pants and boots....     :evil:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

Offline andyfest

• Ninja Member
  • 100% Canucklehead
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 01:22:42 PM »

July 19, 1998 for me. It was my 40th birthday and I knew it was time. Still can pick out a whiff of smoke from a mile away now.
Sweet FA right now.

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »

July 19, 1998 for me. It was my 40th birthday and I knew it was time. Still can pick out a whiff of smoke from a mile away now.

I think that ability gets greater each day of not smoking. I still love the smell when someone lights up a fresh one but when they come back in from smoking they smell like a dirty ash tray.

Offline Ear

• Fiya wata
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Nice Marmot, Man
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »

Hell no! I never felt right smoking inside and sure as hell don't want to be around smoke while I eat.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »

I remember that, and the Southwest Airlines stewardesses with hot pants and boots....     :evil:

Yes, that was back in the day when all stewardesses had to pass some sort of hotness test to get hired.

Offline Farabomb

• #NoLivesMatter
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Wait, what?
    • My other job
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »
Pretty sure I saw a sign on the Dairy Queen in W.Va mentioning something about you have to be 15 ft. from the door or some shit. Thankfully it didn't apply to flatuance becasue I left a few in the corner. If you stop in Elkins W. Va I'd avoid the DQ. It's probably still a little rank in there.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear date=1459965256 link=msg=278846
Quote from: Farabomb date=1459964381 link=msg=278844
It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job