Screen page workflow with static links

Started by G_Town, December 05, 2007, 07:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

We are going to redo all of our workflows to keep them consistent among our nexus servers and I want to have our screen page WF's set up so that it creates static links (rather than having to point to the pages every time you send a job to plate).

I remember at nexus training that there was a way to do this when you set up the WF but damn if I haven't forgot.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

It's in the PS/PDF Interpreter for both your raster and impo workflows. If you can wait until later this evening I can send you a couple of workflows that are setup this way and you can use as an example.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on December 05, 2007, 10:58:36 AMIt's in the PS/PDF Interpreter for both your raster and impo workflows. If you can wait until later this evening I can send you a couple of workflows that are setup this way and you can use as an example.

Sure not doing it until this Saturday.

Thanks!

Joe

I will email you the WF's to the email address in your profile unless you would rather have it emailed somewhere else. If the latter, PM me the other email address.

G_Town

Joe

They are on their way. Good Luck. You'll definitely see a speed boost on your impo side.

G_Town

Got 'em, Just got a truck load of work dumped on me, I'll check them out later.

Thanks again

G_Town

Whoops, I thought my WF was working but alas the Screen pages dont come over when printing my impo ???

Joe

You mean your screened one-bit tiffs? Where do they go? Error?

G_Town

No error,  the impo goes thru but when I open the press form in dot spy all I have are the color bar marks etc that I put on the layout none of the screen pages show.

Long said it was my file dependency and that it I should have the "make eps link to tiff" dependent on the screen page copy, when I do that, however, I don't get a preview at all in powerlayout as well as no images on the form.

Is it really this tuff to make a screen page workflow with a static link to the lowres eps??

Joe

No, it's not that hard. I use it all the time. Did you use the WF's I sent you. Nexus (Scott Lee) actually made them for me.

G_Town

No I didn't as they were a bit more than I needed.

Here is what I have now. Not sure what the heck I am doing wrong and Long already closed the call so I suppose I'm going to have to get ugly (not much of a stretch).

p.s. on my old WF (without static links) there was a file dependency from the make eps link to tiff back to merge OPPO files and assemble screen tiff modules

G_Town

G_Town

Ok heres where I'm at. The only sep I'm getting is the DIE, looking at the job in Nexus the DIE is the last color screened, I thought it was kinda goofy that there was a make link icon after every color.

I just gotta figure out where the hell the make eps link module should go and where its dependencies should lie.

Hey at least I'm making some kinda process :-[

G_Town

Is it possible to spam your own thread?

Success! I had to put a order dependency from the "copy screen tiffs"  to "make eps link to tiffs" now I have static links and files that are working.

Joe I did try your raster trap (just got rid of the stuff I didn't need) and it did the same thing as my WF, kept writing eps link files for each color with the last color screened being the only sep u got ???

Screw it it works I guess.