p01 Kansas City Southern
Skip to main content
Topic: Datarmerge in the same page (Read 1103 times) previous topic - next topic

Datarmerge in the same page

I got a project to print sticker signs at the size of a thumb. I have to lay 50 signs on a A4 page numbering them from A001 to A999. B001-B999, C001-C99, D001-D999 and E001-E999. So I created those signs and prepare them 50 on A4 in Illustrator, then I created csv. file with those 001-999 numbers.

There I got stuck as I only used to make datamerge work with different page. And now how do I make those numbers merge in the same page with those 50 signs each time?

Re: Datarmerge in the same page

Reply #1
Here's a good video demonstrating how to put multiple records on 1 page in InDesign. You say you're using Illustrator, which confuses me.
Prinergy • Preps 8 (Not a fan) • SmartStream Designer

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Reply #2
Thanks for the video. Will watch it for sure ;)

PS: I used Illy to layout the design then use that design as master page in Indy

Reply #3
That's great, but is there a cut and stack option?
“Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!”
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
– Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
–Kyle Broflovski

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway