News:

Main Menu

Acro X vs. Acro 9

Started by DigiCorn, January 31, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Believe me, I have used the Goog, and have yet to find an acceptable answer. I've been looking off and on for 2 days. I even "Bing"-ed "and Decide"-d I'd bite the bullet and ask someone who might know.

[edit]I've copied all preference files for Acro and Distiller from one computer to the next, which didn't transfer print settings (that was where I started out).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 03:03:14 PMBelieve me, I have used the Goog, and have yet to find an acceptable answer. I've been looking off and on for 2 days. I even "Bing"-ed "and Decide"-d I'd bite the bullet and ask someone who might know.

[edit]I've copied all preference files for Acro and Distiller from one computer to the next, which didn't transfer print settings (that was where I started out).

sorry no help because I print just about everything through Evo, it's connected to our proofing color laser in here. It's all I can do to keep my few pitstop quickruns tracked down and brought forward from version to version.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

Just to be clear, I am taking about "Presets" and not .joboptions.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 03:20:29 PMJust to be clear, I am taking about "Presets" and not .joboptions.

yeah, no, don't use 'em. Sorry.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 03:20:29 PMJust to be clear, I am taking about "Presets" and not .joboptions.

For Acrobat X try:

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/

For Acrobat 9 they might be in:

~/Library/Preferences/Acrobat/9.0_x86/

I don't have 9 anymore so I can't say for sure but my custom print settings for X is in the above location.

Plus there is a good chance the 9 print settings won't work with X anyway.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I just started playing with 10, and I don't even see where setting custom print presets for a specific device is even an option. I'm starting to hate this "hide-and-go-seek" with all the Acro X features. I just found the zoom tool today.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

frailer

Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2012, 04:00:36 PMPrint | Advanced

Think positive, digicorn, c'mon... you're an Advanced kinda guy.   :laugh:  You will grow fond of AcroX, promise. It's called Stockholm  Syndrome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Yeah. I found it just before you posted. Instead of "just being there," now it's extra clicks.

Quote from: frailer on February 01, 2012, 04:28:33 PMThink positive, digicorn, c'mon... you're an Advanced kinda guy.   :laugh:  You will grow fond of AcroX, promise. It's called Stockholm Syndrome.
I thought it was Helsinki.  :lmao:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 04:36:24 PM
Yeah. I found it just before you posted. Instead of "just being there," now it's extra clicks.

You need more exercise anyway.

Tracy

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 03:59:45 PMI just started playing with 10, and I don't even see where setting custom print presets for a specific device is even an option. I'm starting to hate this "hide-and-go-seek" with all the Acro X features. I just found the zoom tool today.
took me a bit to get the zoom tool out!
sheesh did you see the zoom tool in ps cs5?
not sure if it was in cs4 like that but wowie! I likey

actually not sure if it's a feature of the magic mousee either  :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on February 01, 2012, 06:03:36 PMtook me a bit to get the zoom tool out!

Are you talking about Scrubby Zoom?

mattbeals

If you haven't seen this already then try this:
single click on the PDF, then "get info".
In the get info window there is an option for "open with"
You can change the program and say always open with or "all documents". Can't remember which one it is. But it's there.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

Quote from: mattbeals on February 01, 2012, 08:19:24 PMIf you haven't seen this already then try this:
single click on the PDF, then "get info".
In the get info window there is an option for "open with"
You can change the program and say always open with or "all documents". Can't remember which one it is. But it's there.

It alwasy reverts back to the latest installed version for Adobe products Matt.

Tracy

Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2012, 07:28:54 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 01, 2012, 06:03:36 PMtook me a bit to get the zoom tool out!

Are you talking about Scrubby Zoom?
I don't know :laugh:
no more dragging around a selection, just scroll and it zooms in where your mouse is pointed
what is scrubby zoom?
just watched a utube on it, that's the one I think.

sorry I jacked this thread digi! :laugh: