xx
Remember Client Password
by seratne
November 12, 2018, 05:11:05 PM

angry
mac rage
by wonderings
November 12, 2018, 04:18:06 PM

Topic: Is there a way of generating a pdf from linked OPPO files? (Read 2177 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way of generating a pdf from linked OPPO files?

If I have an Illy file with low-res placer files linked to OPPOs, is there a workflow build that I could input to, that would generate a pdf? It may come up in the future so I thought I would ask now.
Sweet FA right now.

Re: Is there a way of generating a pdf from linked OPPO files?

Reply #1
I believe you can come out to a ArtPro file and then to pdf from there... been 4 years and the memory ain't what it used to be.
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Reply #2
I've been trying that but my resulting Artpro file just has the low res placer info in it. I need to have it link to the high res info in the OPPO the same as it would when I generate a screened 1 bit, but exporting a pdf instead. :hangme:
Sweet FA right now.

Reply #3

I've been trying that but my resulting Artpro file just has the low res placer info in it. I need to have it link to the high res info in the OPPO the same as it would when I generate a screened 1 bit, but exporting a pdf instead. :hangme:

It's been awhile since I've used Nexus but I know could do this back in the Nexus 8.x days. I think I just replaced the tiff module with a PDF module at the output stage. Or something like that. But the PDF's were rasterized and you would have to output them at at least 1200 dpi for quality viewing and then they were huge.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #4
Before we moved to the Nexus PDF workflow (which I highly recommend), I created a workflow that rastered the OPPO file like it is going to an output device but then output to a PDF. The files were huge and the quality wasn't optimal because weird artifacts would show up from converting the raster to PDF but it was much superior to picking up the low-res file. Hope this helps.

Reply #5

OK, come out and at Merge, split workflow and keep original with hold and then on the new go to unscreened 8 bit and then to ArtPro then to pdf
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Reply #6
Thanks guys - will try all of these suggestions out.
Sweet FA right now.