Recent

Author Topic: Buying a new Windows laptop  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
Re: Buying a new Windows laptop
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »
Any feelings on docking stations? Only reason I ask is our soon-to-be-departed HR person wants to go laptop, but has a bunch of peripherals they still want to hook up to easily. Like 2 printers, a few external drives & they also want the large monitor & full-sized keyboard when sitting at their desk for long periods. (Kind of sounds to me like they really want a desktop PC and then a cheap tablet to browse with on the couch, but whatever.)

The recently gave all of the sales slimes here nice Dell laptops with a pretty groovy docking bar/monitor stand and think the HR person is lusting after that. I'd bet they spent too much on all those, since they're Dell branded however. A universal station should work just as well yah?
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »

Quickbooks for PC and Mac are different products, with different feature sets and cross-platform use is a joke.  If she uses QB for PC already, stay away from Mac  (AccountEdge by Acclivity is a great mac/pc product BTW).
Fingerprint Scanners are easily beat if someone cuts off your fingertips, then soaks them in milk and toner...used to happen all the time around here, till the boss got sick of replacing the band-aids in the shop medical kit.
for a pc laptop, i like ASUS... 'cause it's fun to say....how's your ASUS today? problems with you ASUS? KissMy..:kissass:

:wtf: do you work? Tehran? :laugh:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 05:21:58 PM »
must be a government job...
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time