News:

Main Menu

AWS support

Started by G_Town, December 11, 2007, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Is it me or does Long consider everyone to be a moron?

Zimmy3

Quote from: G_Town on December 11, 2007, 12:33:45 PMIs it me or does Long consider everyone to be a moron?
We are all morons. ;D
Because it feels good !

G_Town

Sigh* I thought he had figured out my problem only to discover he didn't.

>:(

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on December 11, 2007, 12:33:45 PMIs it me or does Long consider everyone to be a moron?

Bwhahahaha...

so it's NOT just me!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Nope I think hes an equal opportunity condescender.

tuff_gong

Even the trainers laugh about him. "Who told you do dat? Dat WRONG!!"
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

G_Town

Quote from: tuff_gong on December 11, 2007, 02:36:37 PMEven the trainers laugh about him. "Who told you do dat? Dat WRONG!!"

OMG I'm LMAO.... ;D

marko

Take it from me as ex-customer and a ex-AWS Apps guy, while Long may not have the best "bed side manor" he does knows his stuff.

Once you get to know him and understand the time pressure he is in, he warms up and is your best resource.

Hell, make sure you send him a Christmas card!

G_Town

Quote from: marko on December 12, 2007, 03:38:57 PMTake it from me as ex-customer and a ex-AWS Apps guy, while Long may not have the best "bed side manor" he does knows his stuff.

Once you get to know him and understand the time pressure he is in, he warms up and is your best resource.

Hell, make sure you send him a Christmas card!

After almost ten years I think he should have "warmed up" by now. Time pressure is something I indeed understand thats why I only ever call him when I am truly stumped as I don't have time to try things he wants me to try when I have already explained to him where the problem lies, ie...Me:Doc my head is killing me Doc: Ok pull down your pants and lets see whats going on.

Just recently I thought he might have actually helped me on something (sent him a workflow and after finally getting him to do what I asked he sent it back and explained what the problem was..it wasn't) so I spent a couple hours trial and error till I got it to work.

I actually work with a guy who worked at AWS for a short time and he echo's your comments about longs knowledge, but I guess in the end if the doctor diagnosis your headache as hemmoroids he aint much of a doctor.

NO CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU!

Just my 2 ยข

;)

MonkeyBoy

Been a few years since I was on the agreement but Long was by far the most knowledgeable guy there. Doesn't mean he solved my issues. You can go back to PPF and search the archives about my comments on their support.
They always gave me excuses instead of answers. When I told them I needed to find a way to do specific screen at specific angles and dot shape, they told me I couldn't do it but the customer would like something else. I told them it was for Microsoft and they aren't flexible. After spending a few days on a workflow I actually got it to work myself but it was a very painstaking workflow.

And yes, Long often treated me like I didn't know squat. Which might have been true at times but needless to say, he still treated me that way.

G_Town

Exactly, without fail EVERY TIME I have called for help (and as I said before i only call when desperate) Long has never helped me, in fact, almost always he tells me IT WORK FINE FOR ME.

I have talked to other folks there that have helped me but never the Donger.

beck

Yea, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "We cannot replicate your problem here on our system.", I'd be rich.

More often than not, we develop our own work-around by the time AWS Support figures it out.

Merry Christmas,

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

G_Town

Quote from: beck on December 21, 2007, 09:26:16 AMYea, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "We cannot replicate your problem here on our system.", I'd be rich.

More often than not, we develop our own work-around by the time AWS Support figures it out.

Merry Christmas,

beck

Ho Ho Ho to you to (we can say that here can't we)

:-\

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on December 21, 2007, 10:25:15 AM
Quote from: beck on December 21, 2007, 09:26:16 AMYea, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "We cannot replicate your problem here on our system.", I'd be rich.

Merry Christmas,

beck

Ho Ho Ho to you to (we can say that here can't we)

:-\

Well...you did so I guess you can.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Well ya never know, I read some where the Santas can no longer say Ho ho ho they now have to say Ha ha ha so as not to offend the actual Ho's.

;)