Samusung AllShare

Started by delooch, August 21, 2012, 02:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

ive been drinking alot of the Samsung Kool-Aid ever since i got my glalxy-

now, after helping my dad move, i picked up his 3-month "old" Samsung 56" LCD.. My visio 42" is securly mounted on the fireplace, so i put it in the bedroom, its REDICULOUS.

The picture on the thing is really incredible. super-dark blacks, and the refresh is fast. the picture even "moves" different, its hard to explain, but awesome.

anyway, the TV has built-in networking for inet and other apps, which are really crappy, but im really stoked on Samsungs native "All-Share" - the app snoops your local network - PC's, Tablets, Smartphones, HDD's - anything with a public share and makes the content avaialble for streaming, and it works with ABSOULUTELY NO DICKING AROUND WITH ANYTHING.  I can even stream video from the galaxy phone to the tv with no setup - just like the commercials.. you hit play on the phone, and a box pops up on the tv asking for permission to play

i guess i never had anything that just worked like it should (not even my crapple stuff) - it got me a little excited.

the only thing that sucks is there are no "physical" buttons on the set, the glass is touch-sensitive.  trying to touch an area, in the dark, with no tacticle feedback is really challenging..

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: delooch on August 21, 2012, 02:44:40 PMive been drinking alot of the Samsung Kool-Aid ever since i got my glalxy-

now, after helping my dad move, i picked up his 3-month "old" Samsung 56" LCD.. My visio 42" is securly mounted on the fireplace, so i put it in the bedroom, its REDICULOUS.

The picture on the thing is really incredible. super-dark blacks, and the refresh is fast. the picture even "moves" different, its hard to explain, but awesome.

anyway, the TV has built-in networking for inet and other apps, which are really crappy, but im really stoked on Samsungs native "All-Share" - the app snoops your local network - PC's, Tablets, Smartphones, HDD's - anything with a public share and makes the content avaialble for streaming, and it works with ABSOULUTELY NO DICKING AROUND WITH ANYTHING.  I can even stream video from the galaxy phone to the tv with no setup - just like the commercials.. you hit play on the phone, and a box pops up on the tv asking for permission to play

i guess i never had anything that just worked like it should (not even my crapple stuff) - it got me a little excited.

the only thing that sucks is there are no "physical" buttons on the set, the glass is touch-sensitive.  trying to touch an area, in the dark, with no tacticle feedback is really challenging..

You do have a kid or two, right? :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

The Samsung ALL-SHARE on muy blu-ray player absolutely sucks ass. Nothing works/plays without swinging some dead chickens around my head and sprinkling garlic powder on the dogs testicles. And both of my dogs are girls. Makes it difficult to say the least.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 21, 2012, 02:49:17 PMYou do have a kid or two, right? :laugh:

:laugh: i just keep poking at it until something happens.. just like the wife..

i did get those little fuckers back in school yesterday. made it through another summer without killing one of them - had a few close calls, especially when the 5 year old was recovering from the tonsilectomy.

delooch

Quote from: Joe on August 21, 2012, 02:56:32 PMThe Samsung ALL-SHARE on muy blu-ray player absolutely sucks ass. Nothing works/plays without swinging some dead chickens around my head and sprinkling garlic powder on the dogs testicles. And both of my dogs are girls. Makes it difficult to say the least.

yeah, thats usually the dance i have to do with everything.. except this time.

i also discovered that the network jack on the back of my U-verse box is an acutal usable network jack.  The tech who installed it said it was just for service, but thats BS..  I had a wireless adapter going, but now its all hard wired in, works much better.

Joe

The blu-ray player is a couple of years old. Must have updated the ALL-SHARE since then. Might see if I can update to something that works.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on August 21, 2012, 02:56:32 PMThe Samsung ALL-SHARE on muy blu-ray player absolutely sucks ass. Nothing works/plays without swinging some dead chickens around my head and sprinkling garlic powder on the dogs testicles. And both of my dogs are girls. Makes it difficult to say the least.

I do that same thing, but use paprika. You may try that.

Quote from: delooch on August 21, 2012, 03:00:00 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 21, 2012, 02:49:17 PMYou do have a kid or two, right? :laugh:

i did get those little fuckers back in school yesterday. made it through another summer without killing one of them - had a few close calls, especially when the 5 year old was recovering from the tonsilectomy.

A testament to your fatherhoodshipping skills. I dance the tightrope every single day with not killing my boys. The older they get, the more of a pain in the ass they are. My 8 year old loves to be a smart-ass. He will risk his very life to spit out some random comeback to a command I give him. He doesn't realize my teeth grinding to powder to satiate my desire to end his life with each word uttered from his lips.
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 21, 2012, 03:10:11 PM

I do that same thing, but use paprika. You may try that.

Quote from: delooch on August 21, 2012, 03:00:00 PM

A testament to your fatherhoodshipping skills. I dance the tightrope every single day with not killing my boys. The older they get, the more of a pain in the ass they are. My 8 year old loves to be a smart-ass. He will risk his very life to spit out some random comeback to a command I give him. He doesn't realize my teeth grinding to powder to satiate my desire to end his life with each word uttered from his lips.

same here. not sure how it turned out this way, but here we are.

The 8 year old seems to be planning my demise every minute of the day.  At the same time, starts most of his communication with "you should...." and "Give me ....".  He did "beef up" quite a bit over the past year, to the point where hes gonna start catching a fist to the midsection every now and then to keep him in check..The 5 year old only acknowledges me when she wants something, took after her mom really well.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sounds like if you took my kids and put them on an island with your kids, we'd have Lord of The Flies part 2:Electric Bugaloo.
Member #285 - Civilian