Weird Linotype pricing

Started by frailer, October 02, 2012, 01:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

OK, I get the email newsletter. Up comes an offer; a new Avenir combo, a certain number for purchase, at US$39-00, 'x' number for sale. Decreasing numbers left, which you can view online to see if there are some left.
On impulse, I decide to run through to Checkout. The following email Pastes will reveal the story. I know Aussie Diggers used to fill their 25 Pounder breeches with garbage and fire it over to the German lines at the Siege of Tobruk, but can't they let bygones be bygones?   :sad:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

My conversion from US$39.00 to Australian Dollars is AU$37.33. In the Checkout, the amount is AU$62.43. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Paul Kafoops

Dear Mr. (Kafoops),

thank you very much for your email.

No, you are not - we have different prices in different countries.

Best regards

Jens ******

Linotype Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 28.09.2012 00:47
To: info@linotype.com
Subject: Cost of Avenir offer in AU$ [DE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

The price I see for the Avenir font pack is $93.00 but maybe I'm not looking at the right thing.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Not enough info before, sorry. It was a 36 hour, set-number sell-off. When they sold 'em all, that was it.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

gnubler

People actually pay for fonts?

lol
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

My clients sure as hell don't.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

t-pat

I have at least one client that does, a textbook publisher. Or, at least I *assume* they pay for them, since they WON'T F*CKIN' GIVE THEM TO ME due to "licensing restrictions" or something   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait